The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Mechanic: resurrection (well, it is easter after all!)

A typical Saturday evening statham movie. Had everything you'd want (and expect). Bad/cheesy dialogue and wince inducing punch ups!

The intro scrap in Rio was the highlight (along with Jessica hubba hubba alba :wub:)

A solid 6.5/10

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Sandy Wexler.....shame on you Adam Sandler, shame on you.

Isn't there anyone in Adam Sandler's circle that can just say,

"er... Adam, thats a f*c%ing terrible idea - don't be a fu#*ing idiot."

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Isn't there anyone in Adam Sandler's circle that can just say,

"er... Adam, thats a f*c%ing terrible idea - don't be a fu#*ing idiot."

Well he has just signed a new deal with netflix for another 4 movies despite still having one of his original 4 movie deal to go. The first 3  (The rediculous 6, the do over & sandy wexler) have all been pretty bad but i guess people(Including myself who has sat through them all) must be watching them or Netflix wouldn't be paying him millions to bugger about with Rob Schneider & David Spade all day every day.

I'll end up watching the next 5 too as despite probably knowing better there is always the hope of something great turning up

Edited by LakotaDakota

Sandler is what he is, he does have acting chops as seen in Funny People and Punch Drunk Love but he just chooses not to use them, that's fine by me and a lot of his films are really good. Irconically one of his best is actually one of his lesser known films Bulletproof. Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore are both good and even Dont mess with the Zohan was pretty good. It's his recent stuff that is diabolical, Jack and Jill in particular is one of the worst films ever made, you can literally see the dollar signs in his eyes.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Reign Over Me is far and away his best film.

Punch Drunk Love for me by a mile but he's very good in Reign over me, and the ending gets me right in the feels every time.

Edited by Designer1

50 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wars dogs is pretty decent. Jonah Hill being himself as normal aside.

Think I have found my new love; Ana de Armas wow she is beautiful

suggest you also try knock knock, exposed & hands of stone in that case.

Knock knock also has Lorenza izzo in for double the fun

• Like 1

I watched something called Ratter on Netflix to pass the time.  It's quite an effective idea, it's as if you're watching a girl getting stalked via someone who has hacked her phone, laptop and other devices.  Spooked me out a bit, more than a slasher horror would.

20 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

suggest you also try knock knock, exposed & hands of stone in that case.

Knock knock also has Lorenza izzo in for double the fun

Yes I am a bit of a fan of Eli Roth. watched The Green Inferno last night. Poor imdb rating but I enjoyed it.

Â