The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Why because it was shit or too gory?

Might have been queasiness or the subtitles. I think some people, maybe with monthly passes, just wander in to whatever film is showing.  

Watched River, a decent thriller about an American doctor on the run in Laos after stumbling across a local girl being sexually assaulted.

Only 90 minutes long and fairly low budget but filled with tension and moral dilemmas.

Really liked The Void.

Good take on the classic 80's Carpenter style horror movie.

"People in isolated places come up against unknown horror" is probably my favorite type of movie so this is right up my ally.

Solid 7/10 in it's genre. Very Lovecraft.

If you like The Crazies, The Thing, Prince of Darkness and Assault on precinct 13 you will probably enjoy this one.

+ for the ax dragging scene :D

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

An Honest Liar

Doc about James Randi, former magician and current parapsychology investigator and trickster hunter. Utterly engrossing, fascinating throughout and a film that will make you despair about how stupid the global collective is and how futile the fight against brainwashed morons is. We need more James Randi types in this world.

A very good watch.

• Like 3

watched Passengers. Thought it was a great film, as did most of my mates and wife.  

Looked at critics reviews - they all pretty much panned it. 

Why the big difference in opinion for this particular film?

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

watched Passengers. Thought it was a great film, as did most of my mates and wife.  

Looked at critics reviews - they all pretty much panned it. 

Why the big difference in opinion for this particular film?

I think a lot of critics felt slightly queasy about what the male character does. It's a teensy bit sex-offender-y. 

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

An Honest Liar

Doc about James Randi, former magician and current parapsychology investigator and trickster hunter. Utterly engrossing, fascinating throughout and a film that will make you despair about how stupid the global collective is and how futile the fight against brainwashed morons is. We need more James Randi types in this world.

A very good watch.

It's a fantastic watch. He's one of my heroes.

Â