The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 16/04/2017 at 17:26, Designer1 said:

Punch Drunk Love for me by a mile but he's very good in Reign over me, and the ending gets me right in the feels every time.

Is there any love for Spanglish in here at all?  I thought that was quite a good straight role for him too.

• Like 1

Fast and Furious 8 is one of the stupidest films I've ever seen. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't entertained. Ok sometimes i was laughing at the movie rather than with it, but it's a helluva laugh. But stupid. Cars do things in this movie that defy understanding.

Also, Jason Statham. I think he might be one of the most underrated action movie stars going. He's never going to be a great actor but that man has presence and can do an action scene justice.

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Fast and Furious 8 is one of the stupidest films I've ever seen. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't entertained. Ok sometimes i was laughing at the movie rather than with it, but it's a helluva laugh. But stupid. Cars do things in this movie that defy understanding.

Also, Jason Statham. I think he might be one of the most underrated action movie stars going. He's never going to be a great actor but that man has presence and can do an action scene justice.

I love the stath! Does exactly what it says on the tin!

• Like 2

Just now, theboyangel said:

I love the stath! Does exactly what it says on the tin!

This.

He's also very self aware too. He was fantastic in Spy where he basically spent the whole movie taking the mickey out of himself. 

• Like 4

I'm glad there's a Stath fanclub. One of those actors where a film he's in can never be totally bad just by merit of his presence. He's basically the best thing in Fast 8. I actually don't think I've seen a film with him in I dislike.

• Like 3

Ghost in the shell tonight

it didn't tank because of "whitewashing" it tanked because it's bloody awful 

not even gratuitous shots  of Scarlett's butt could save this film , what with  Lucy and now this it might be time to get a new agent  even if he bank account has got substantially larger 

might be the worst film I've seen this year 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Designer1 said:

This.

He's also very self aware too. He was fantastic in Spy where he basically spent the whole movie taking the mickey out of himself. 

Spy is the best comedy I have seen in a while.  The scene where Statham boasts about his exploits had me in tears. 

im not watching spy thanks to melissa mcarthy

lock stock and snatch are must see films IMO, he's then got a lot of solid 6 or 7/10 films like the one, transporter, crank, war, the bank job, the mechanic, safe, parker, hummingbird, homefront

he's been badly typecast but he's an ok actor, shame he doesnt get some of the roles mark strong gets, he could do the british hard man funny role in the likes of the kingsman and some of the more serious roles like TTSS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

im not watching spy thanks to melissa mcarthy

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat.  While I'm not absolutely and totally against her, there are thousands of movies I have to get through first.

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why?

because hes a piss poor actor

he's hardly cast in anything else now (other than groot and them for some reason thinking it was a good idea to reboot xXx) his star has pretty much gone out, cant think of another example of a huge movie franchise with such a low key lead actor (or actors tbf because paul walker wasnt doing much better)

He's one of the main characters in one of the industry's hottest franchises, the newest film of which just smashed box office records, he's also in Guardians of the Galaxy and therefore the massively popular MCU franchise and they've just rebooted an old franchise of his to ride on the back of his success with Fast and Furious and you think his star is waning?

Granted he's not the best actor and I don't think he even pretends to think he is, but it's a bit of a bizarre statement to make given his current success, don't you think?

I like him. He knows what he is and he comes across as a nice guy (and he's a massive geek which is always fun). Fair play to him.

Â