The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

do not ever watch The Philosophers. 

That is all. Awful. I think it must be aimed at 12/13 year olds with a view to inspiring discussion about philosophy - essentially it is a visualisation of a 6th form philosophy class - flitting between the classroom and the imagined apocalytic scenarios they play with - discussing the disaster scenario - x spaces in a bunker, but there's x+10 people. How to decide? It's just weird and doesn't work at all. James D'Arcy is watchable, but the kids are rancid. 

so is it a good film if you are 13?

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

Just got back from watching Jurassic World. It's wonderfully shit. The two leads are really good, but I'm not too keen really on films that rely so heavily on CGI. Somehow the original still feels so real compared to modern films. Worth a watch just because dinosaurs are amazing.

51Xw9QwBPTL._SX940_.jpg...

really should have been a better movie than the heap of shite it was ........emmerich ....he should be one of the best ....a la stargate but ......

Yes saw it in Logan, Utah. It was terrible. 

Watched Jurassic World last night. I was very disappointed too. The other films, especially the first were built on pretty solid special effects but throughout this film I was surprised at just how shit and plastically the dinosaurs all looked. Story was weak too. The highlight was the leading lady who would certainly get it.

It's taking a fortune, got knows why it hasn't been panned by the reviewers.

The dinosaurs looked good. It's only because they're using colours in them now when we're used to seeing browns that they look different.

There really is no comparison when it comes to this movies dinosaurs and any of the other Jurassic Park films' dinosaurs.

It's taking a fortune, got knows why it hasn't been panned by the reviewers.

Some franchises will earn bucket loads no matter what the reviews say.

Yeah but as a young 90's kid what's better? Yul Brynner with some dodgy wiring or realistic gnarling dinosaurs? :)

I would imagine it had the same affect on a kid that Star Wars had on me :D

(I was 22 when the first JP came out so the impact was considerably less)

Dude get out, what are you like 50? 

Yeah but as a young 90's kid what's better? Yul Brynner with some dodgy wiring or realistic gnarling dinosaurs? :)

I would imagine it had the same affect on a kid that Star Wars had on me :D

(I was 22 when the first JP came out so the impact was considerably less)

Dude get out, what are you like 50?

Curse you both. I was in between. Too young for cinema Star Wars (I was 1) and too old for that effect from JP (16). Closest for me I suppose was BTTF (8) but that's nowhere near the same wow factor as those 2.

Â