Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

2-0

I knew we'd lose today but it still feels like a real downer of an end to the season. Weird isn't it? Finishing fourth and still feeling a bit disappointed lol.

I also knew we’d lose against Palace as they’ve been brilliant lately and we haven’t. At least it doesn’t matter much.

• Like 1

I know that we'd have a different XI out there, and the match would have an entirely different character, but...it's a good thing we didn't leave it until the last day.

Palace are a different team right now than they were earlier this year.

Just now, rjw63 said:

So it should be a draw then 👀

Meh we have played a lot more games. It is what it is. This game is pointless. I’m actually turning it off now. Hope the fans there have a fun day out though!

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Could do with 3 West Ham goals for maximum bants

Unfortunately by the look of the stats West Ham haven't touched the ball yet.

• Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Christ, imagine we were midtable

I’ll caveat it

i genuinely can’t wait to see the back of Lenglet, Carlos, Chambers, Olsen tbh. They’re not good enough and they’re not in the plans. 

• Like 2

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Digne’s fault? 😂 he’s closing down the cross. Both CBs are fast asleep 

In the phase before though, he's playing him on to get the ball for the cross, but nowhere near actually marking him or blocking the ball, he tries to recover and block the cross, but it's his fault it even gets to him

Just now, TomC said:

I know that we'd have a different XI out there, and the match would have an entirely different character, but...it's a good thing we didn't leave it until the last day.

Palace are a different team right now than they were earlier this year.

We'd have got nothing today had we needed it. Just so glad spurs fell apart as well. 

Just now, rjw63 said:

So it should be a draw then 👀

Their captain hasn't been on the piss for the past 5 days.

• Haha 1

I honestly don’t care. We’ve done what we needed to do this season. We are missing a lot of first teamers and the likes of Lenglet and Chambers won’t be anywhere near this team in a few months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Lenglet and Carlos will both be gone next season, with any luck. Neither great individually but honking together. 

This.

Carlos for me has been a massive disappointment. Get him off the wage bill and get another cb in

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

We should get Anderson from Palace, he’d walk into our team. Miles better than the useless Diego Carlos.

He should’ve been off after 20’ mins today for three yellows - given one 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

If they’re all mentally at the beach probably better to just literally go to the beach and play the kids 

I actually have a hunch we’re gonna come back. Maybe I’m wrong, but there’s still a lot of football to play.