Match Thread: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

1 minute ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Ironic that that's the first time anyone's had to say that as a negative. I'm still in shock over that first goal.

imagine if it had been olsen

Just now, maqroll said:

Carlos sprinting into their box to block out our 19 goal striker and then miss the open goal in the process is worse than anything Diaby has done tonight, and quite possibly the worst thing I've ever seen a Villa player do in 30 years, especially under these circumstances.

I've seen bacuna put a striker though on goal with a back pass from half way in the opponents half while Richards and Lescott amble back to stop it

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It is, but it's not. 

We need to test the **** keeper.

It is. It completely ignores our two best chances. 

Carlos missed from 6 inches but it’s not a shot on target. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Draw the lines where want. Pick the frames when we want. We draw the lines where we want.

How in McGrath's name are those lines straight? If they're drawn at the correct angle that would be offside. 

• Shocked 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You're mad.  It's a horrific error.

The second “error” people are blaming him for is the bizarre one to me. First goal is clearly an atrocious error.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

2 minutes ago, jim said:

If only we’d tried this hard against Brighton 

Or not bottled the 2 goal second half lead at home to Chelsea. 

This game would've been just a celebratory kickaround. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It is. It completely ignores our two best chances. 

Carlos missed from 6 inches but it’s not a shot on target. 

I'm aware.

Thanks. Not sure what that has to do with us not taking more chances from range.

But thanks.

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Cannot wait to see Diaby next season, he is going to be electric.

His movement is still top notch. It's his decision making that's letting him down. Once he starts tightening that up, he's going to be awesome.

3 minutes ago, jim said:

If only we’d tried this hard against Brighton 

I do think the extra 30 hours was helped us but yes even half of this tempo v Brighton and we'd surely have scored at least once.

Just now, Villarocker said:

How in McGrath's name are those lines straight? If they're drawn at the correct angle that would be offside. 

I'm fuming, they can't even draw parallel lines. I suspect they've probably picked the wrong frame too. I hate it.

Found another Villa fan in our hotel in Majorca. Watching on a TV that seems to be 10 minutes behind. Saw a few people in Liverpool shirts in our hotel but none of them are watching the game. Go figure...

Just now, villa4europe said:

I've seen bacuna put a striker though on goal with a back pass from half way in the opponents half while Richards and Lescott amble back to stop it

There should be some sort of filter for those names. Makes me want to vomit.

4 minutes ago, allani said:

Surprised (not surprised) that Emi is being bashed for the first goal.  The cross takes a massive deflection that takes the ball in completely the opposite direction to the one in which he is moving.  A lot of keepers don't even get close to laying a glove on it.  Unlucky?  Yes.  A clanger?  Not for me.

He’s dropped it, then in the process of trying to grab it, punched it in. It’s woeful by him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes, goals too.

xG is what it's about.

People can take the piss as much as they want but xG is a far far better measure of how a game has gone than shots on target. 

• Like 2

Just now, maqroll said:

Or not bottled the 2 goal second half lead at home to Chelsea. 

This game would've been just a celebratory kickaround. 

Or bottled a 2-0 lead against Brentford.