Match Thread: Villa v Olympiakos

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Olsen running sideways to the striker was bizarre. 

He wasn’t far off blocking that tbf

Just now, romavillan said:

Need Pau not lenglet and Emi not Olsen.

We can score a few here still though.

I understand Lenglett is left footed but after Carlos motm.agajnst Arsensl not started a game. Doesn't make any sense to me 

Shocking defending. No doubt the Olsen haters will be out but it's that defence not stepping up in unison. Sod it, get the chaos twins on and cause them havoc.

That shirt pull by Lenglet is made by every defender on every corner. It's never given. How the ref saw it in real time and deemed it worthy of a foul is beyond me.

But the fact we've been shit since is not on the ref. Our defensive line is anything but straight, and Olsen just isn't Emi. We can't get away with things we can when he's in. 

Don't see us coming back, but stranger things have happened this season. And at least Chelsea are winning.

Just now, romavillan said:

I til their goal we looked great going forward. Just need to believe now.

hopefully that little pause gave enough time for Emery to ask them all to get their shit together and follow the game plan with some pride.

• Like 1

We start so passive it gives the opposition confidence, we have seen it so often this year why is it still such a problem? 37 attacks to our 18, and we’re still playing in second gear

Gonna be honest, if Spurs turn it around tonight it's gonna be squeaky bum time for 4th... we're probably more knackered as they are, as bad as they look. It is what it is, the lack of a quality second string always shows at the business end of the season.

Just now, duke313 said:

Don’t think Pau’s would have stopped Digne and Cash playing him onside

We look a much better organised unit when Pau plays

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Shocking defending. No doubt the Olsen haters will be out but it's that defence not stepping up in unison. Sod it, get the chaos twins on and cause them havoc.

That's the point of the keeper, to save mistakes by poor defending. 

Posted (edited)

Why does he even dive for that.

Emi sticks his leg out and saves that all day long.

Such a shit keeper.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Olsen is much improved. We just concede every 20 minutes when he plays!

True story 

Going to be kind to Luiz and McGinn and assume they're tired, but we've basically got a circus car full of clowns at the back, then nobody in between them and Watkins.

Shambles. Absolute **** shambles.

• Like 1