Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Referee is dreadful for both teams.

Really liking Rogers today again, really positive going forward, tracking back well.

Tielemans is also so important Vs low blocks.

Carlos has had some good defensive moments but he does scare me. 

• Like 1

We have a chance here to reel back in some of that goal difference. Would be great to get another couple without reply from the second half. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That bloke is actually bigger than Carlos but it appears Carlos is the stronger of the two.

Yeah, good battling :) but won't score us any goals.

Just now, a-k said:

How has the ref blown for HT there 😂

haha yeah absolutely wrecked their counter. I can understand them getting a little miffed about it.

• Like 1

Just now, a-k said:

How has the ref blown for HT there 😂

The ball has entered a neutral area of the pitch and time is up. He has no choice but to blow for half time. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Really liking Rogers today again, really positive going forward, tracking back well.

Youri’s made some good passes too

• Like 2

Virtually the whole Brentford team in the refs face, why didn't he get the cards out? Spineless.

• Thanks 1

Ref has been terrible but we've been largely good given how much they've parked the bus. Needed that goal though, should change the whole dynamic of the match hopefully in our favour.

Zanka and Ajer suit this Brentford side. They are grade A whingers, stirrers and nigglers - the perfect companions for Maupay and Mee

• Like 1

It’s honestly infuriating that Ajer is still on the pitch. I counted at least three fouls over several minutes and two of which were either late or clumsy and certainly warranted bookings. He got nothing. 

I love how all the Brentford players are moaning at the ref on the way back to the tunnel.  So far he's not given us a stonewall penalty when Carlos was pulled to the ground and stopped us on an overlap.  Yet somehow they feel hard done by.....

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Rogers is okay 60 minutes max though, then drops off a cliff

Good half, patient build up and then McGinn with a smart ball in to get the breakthrough. Hopefully can get 2nd early in 2nd and make it a cruise. 

Bailey challenge early on was iffy, as was Diego one bizarrely given as a free kick for them. So i guess they cancel.

Luiz looks confident in games like this, he knows he's better than anyone on the other side. Rogers had some positive moments.