Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Can’t watch the game today. How is Rogers doing on the left? Is Duran fast enough for what we need? Should we bring diaby on?

Everyone’s been shit 😡

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, maltesemike said:

I can’t understand how Tielemans can be so immobile. He’s like a statue. How can a premier league player look so laboured?

Looks like he needs a mobility scooter to get around the pitch.

• Haha 1

Just now, Annoyman said:

That turned into a pretty tough watch, though we should probably have had a penalty, don't get why he's allowed to wave his hand around there to block the cross.

I thought that at first but in the replay it looks like Bailey kicked the ball on to his hand and was looking for it - not sure though. 

You can tell there's not the same understanding with Duran/Rogers, players don't know where to make the passes, so they slow down and cycle again. Which is making it easy for West Ham to defend. Just couple moments with  Watkins/Bailey trying to make something happen. It kind of is what is with the injuries, when you don't have McGinn/Kamara/Ramsey, we're missing a big chunk of our midfield so that's to be expected. The big disappointment was once more slack defending for a soft and easy goal similar to ones conceded against Fulham & Spurs. At 0-0 we might have grown into game, now we're chasing it and don't look like got the belief going forward to do anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annoyman said:

That turned into a pretty tough watch, though we should probably have had a penalty, don't get why he's allowed to wave his hand around there to block the cross. It's still salvageable but almost needs West Ham to do something stupid, which we've had a monopoly on so far

Not letting people take a corner they've just won because time's up always feels like kind of a dick move

It's how Moyes teams are. Nick a goal and be rugged hard to beat buggers and hit on the break. We need an early equaliser or it's over.

Just now, rbcuk said:

Digne should be starting the league games, Moreno has looked poor since coming back from injury 

Lost a yard of pace. Digne is the better player. Has been by miles this season I’m afraid. 

• Like 2

We are not ready for Champions league and premier league football next season.. We dont have the squad and quality..

Our performances have not been that good this year..

A few players have not stepped up.. Diaby,Cash,  Zaniolo & Moreno

Edited by Reivax_Villa

A 2 with Tielemans is quite possibly Tim Sherwood levels of nonsensical.

Emery clearly has a blind spot for this guy probably from rating him 4 years ago.

I'm sorry. We love Emery but this is the most disbelieving setup I've seen in a long time.e

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Can’t watch the game today. How is Rogers doing on the left? Is Duran fast enough for what we need? Should we bring diaby on?

Ermmm… pretty bad from everyone. 

Worst players - Tielemans, Lenglet, Rodgers. 

Not really seen much of Watkins, Duran or Bailey. 

Need a massive change of players and formation and attitude in the second half.

• Thanks 1