Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

It took a while

bit this thread has gone bingo, with criticism for the manager, players, fans, and (in what took far too long) the ref. 

Hell of a day. 

Just now, Indigo said:

Lads he's completely barrelled at Udogie and intentionally booted him with absolutely no attempt at winning the ball.😂 It's an almost dictionary definition red card, no excuses he's let the side down by totally losing his head.

Yeah but he didn't snap his leg in 3 places so it's fine!

• Haha 1

Just now, maltesemike said:

Sounds hyperbole but we can forget champions league now. We've bottled it. McGann out for a few games too. It's a classic Villa capitulation isn't it?

Time and time again I hear this word ‘bottled’. I try to ignore it, but I’ll bite here.

Weve not bottled it, we’re just losing to a better team on the day and perhaps even a better side full stop. 

If they finish above us, it will be because they’ve been better than us over 38 games. 

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

The season is far from done 

Agree about spurs though, 4th is out of our control, 5th and some luck is very much on 

Yeah I did mean for fourth.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Lads he's completely barrelled at Udogie and intentionally booted him with absolutely no attempt at winning the ball.😂 It's an almost dictionary definition red card, no excuses he's let the side down by totally losing his head.

Nope zero stud contact with any part of his body. Foot not over the ball and not from behind. 

zero definitions of a straight red card.

tackles like that are made every game yellow at most. 

laughable to say otherwise

Edited by LondonVillian

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The season is far from done 

Agree about spurs though, 4th is out of our control, 5th and some luck is very much on 

Without McGinn and Kamara? It's done it seems.

Edited by maltesemike

Just now, Tom13 said:

I'm sure Lewis Grabban looked more animated than Bailey has done in this game. Where's his fight and determination gone?

Bailey has been crap

Even if we lose this 10 nil we aren't all of a sudden shit, we aren't all of a sudden out of reach of fourth. It's going to be the same over reactions as the United loss isn't it?

We might even get a point still...

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I’m done with today. Should be ashamed of themselves. Capitulated per usual to open the second half. And we had the momentum with VDV getting hurt. Absolute shite.

Mate got the tactics wrong to begin with paying to much respect to spurs first half to sacrifice our game we're home go for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

McGinn showing extra aggression to make up for the fact none else seems to give a shit, and now he's destroyed our hopes for the next 3 games. Poor decision from him,  and absolutely no need to do that. But at the same time I can see why he's so angry. The rest of the side have not turned up this half. 

Thats fair… as usual, he’s the main one putting a shift in… maybe he just lost momentum after roving around… had just created one of our few chances beforehand… 

no one else brings his drive, energy and determination…. but he got carried away there… which is unlike him really…

it’s a major blow to have him missing now…

hard to feel positive now…

but, we have to keep fighting… see what happens…

Borderline damage limitation feels like now. If it comes to goal difference we can't risk trying to salvage something and losing 5-0