Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

The days of average players going for 40-50m are over. FFP is hammering clubs now and they'll be more canny with their brass.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

The days of average players going for 40-50m are over. FFP is hammering clubs now and they'll be more canny with their brass.

Everyone seems to be forgetting this when talking transfer fees. It’s like January never happened.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Everyone seems to be forgetting this when talking transfer fees. It’s like January never happened.

Nah they are cutting their cloth accordingly, the same rules still apply and another years accounts will go in the bin in the summer opening new spending for different clubs

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yeah its just scare tactics in end but if Palace can get 45 million five years ago for a very limited Wan Bissaka then we should easily get similar for Cash

Some fans think we are punching above our weight and happy accept minimal bids for players

We won't get near 45m for Cash. Wan-Bissaka had a very good reputation when United bought him.

Just now, Tom13 said:

We won't get near 45m for Cash. Wan-Bissaka had a very good reputation when United bought him.

Not saying we will but limited players still go for big money

People on here wanted us to drop 35 million on AWB but Cash is probably a better all round player

• Like 2

I think it's possible, not saying probable, that due to the success we've had over the last two seasons, just about every player who's contributed playing significant minutes could be viewed as a statement signing for a number of clubs. Regardless of how us Villa fans view them. I guess whether or not those clubs decide to invest in them both from a financial and footballing perspective is a different matter entirely. 

Point is simply that it's no strange event in football for teams to fork out large sums for players surplus to the teams above them.

We are talking about teams eyeing off Dougie and Emi Martinez, I think theres more clubs out there that are likely to pay money for the players that are on the market from a Villa standpoint 

I wonder if Leicester might have to sell a lot this summer, and if so, Ndidi would be quite a nice player and would fit in to our midfield. The kind of player to challenge Kamara and Dougie (I actually dont think he’s better than either, but would be competition)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And, just re Leicester Dewsbury-Hall did catch my eye when I watched them earlier this season… could be worth buying if they have to sell, I’m sure they won’t want to but if there’s ever a time to go for it it’s when they need to balance the books 

Edited by alreadyexists

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I wonder if Leicester might have to sell a lot this summer, and if so, Ndidi would be quite a nice player and would fit in to our midfield. The kind of player to challenge Kamara and Dougie (I actually dont think he’s better than either, but would be competition)

Think he's on an expiring this summer.

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Think he's on an expiring this summer.

I suppose it could make sense still depending on how much he gets offered elsewhere. I’m no FFP expert but presumably a big contract with no fee is better over 3-5 years than a big fee and smaller contract? Anyway, I think he’d be a good addition if the money makes sense 

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Great player and similar stats wise to Guido Rodriquez who I was championing on a free. Surely Porto would want stupid money for him though as he only signed for them last August

2 hours ago, burchy said:

Also @Jas10 whenever I see your avatar I always see Sam from Quantum Leap instead of Unai

Great show, he always reminded me of Figo.

But there is only one king… 

2 hours ago, burchy said:

Great player and similar stats wise to Guido Rodriquez who I was championing on a free. Surely Porto would want stupid money for him though as he only signed for them last August

We do need a quality DM, Bouba’s gonna be out for a while and I’d ideally like us to have more genuine competition in the squad next season, and better options especially if we’re competing in the CL. Central midfield (especially defensively) is light… we need to be able to cope better with (and hopefully avoid many/serious) injuries…

We’ve also been linked to Joao Gomes but not sure there’s anything in that…

Have seen several reports over the last few months that we’ve had scouts at Porto games so Varela makes sense… 

Palacios is another we’ve been linked to…

Edited by Jas10

Â