Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

22 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The worst scenario for me would be Ramsey going to someone like Newcastle and getting someone shit like Longstaff in exchange plus a token gesture of £10-15m.

Which we would obviously reject. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sell Ramsey for 65m. Buy MGW for 45m. Who says no. 

No! I love MGW but they are different positions.  I think we may end up selling somebody like Ramsey if Emery has a list of players he wants but it all depends what Emery wants in the summer.  Hopefully we can sell enough of the fringe players to cover whatever finances are needed.

19 hours ago, paul514 said:

Should add Carlos to that list and replace with one player - Todibo

Yeah I've been underwhelmed by Carlos this season.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sell Ramsey for 65m. Buy MGW for 45m. Who says no. 

Forest paid up to £42m for MGW*, can’t see them selling for £3m profit…

*£25m plus £17m add-ons says the internet and a bunch of those will have been hit already.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I say No because I have no idea who MGW is.

is it a car?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, YLN said:

Yeah Dwight Yorke went for £12.6 million. Are we saying Cash is worth twice as much as Dwight Yorke?

Balmoral was sold for £34,000. My parents 2 bed terrace in Somerset was sold for 4 times that. Are we saying that house is worth 4 times more than Balmoral? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd say we'd get £20m at the most for Cash.

The Atletico links were how long ago now? He's been OK lately but I'd say his rep generally has gone down since then. He's even lost his starting spot for Poland.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure who would be in the market for Ramsey anyway.  If we qualify for the Champions League I doubt he'd want to go somewhere else either.  

Also if we qualify for the CL wouldn't we want to keep him as we need players trained at the club for the CL squad?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Cash is a right back for a current top 4 side. We'd get 25 mil no problem.

He's rotated with Konsa there, often not starting the bigger games when everyone's available, and he's not first choice for Poland either.

Just now, Tom13 said:

He's rotated with Konsa there, often not starting the bigger games when everyone's available, and he's not first choice for Poland either.

thats a weird one, isnt the guy he is competing with, playing at championship equivalent level or something?

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

thats a weird one, isnt the guy he is competing with, playing at championship equivalent level or something?

To be fair that other guy is probably Polish which might work in his favour (the manager who persuaded Cash to declare and was chasing similar second-generation connections has left, right?)

Edited by Adam2003

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair that other guy is probably Polish which might work in his favour (the manager who persuaded Cash to declare and was chasing similar second-generation connections has left, right?)

no idea tbh, you could be right?

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I say No because I have no idea who MGW is.

Morgan Gibbs-White.

Because apparently even average footballers get to be known by acronyms alone these days.

"Ubiquitous" he is not. Nor is he worth selling one of our two best academy products in 20+ years, or possibly ever.

Edited by est1874

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Looks like they played three at the back the other day with Frankowski of RC Lens at right wing-back.

• Thanks 1

Â