Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Joao Paliniha to me would be a sit up and take notice signing at DM. Been excellent for Fulham and allowed their more creative midfielders to push on.

That's exactly the type of DM we need. However he signed a new deal at Fulham so you'd be talking 70m + for someone in their late 20s so I guess with FFP that type would be beyond us.

We'll see.

That's the ideal one for DM. Depends if his Bayern deal is still ready I guess.

• Like 1

Don't CL require squads to wages turnover is 85% (no restrictions yet in the premier league) so for that reason alone loan deal for a DM will probably make more sense given Kamara will return midway through next season.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That's the ideal one for DM. Depends if his Bayern deal is still ready I guess.

Think that interest has ended with Tuchel leaving.

He's someone Man. United should be buying tbh with all their issues.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes liked the Ugarte link before he moved to PSG so if he's up for a loan deal would be all over that aswell.

I also like Lobotka at Napoli. Don't think they're even making europe this season given they're 8th in Serie A so will be a few key players leaving them.

Too risky a position just to sign a kid. We've seen Emery not wanting to put Tim in so just signing a similar type from Europe won't make much difference.

Kvaratskhelia please Monchi 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My only wish for transfers is that we buy players without any history of injuries (Watkins) and not of an age where they're likely to stay picking them up having until now been injury free all career (Carlos).

Anyone that's missed half a season in the last three years should not even be considered.  Our injury curse (bad luck) is strong, we need to protect against it as best possible. 

50 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Ugarte, younger, cheaper and probably a better yet similar player.

They paid €60m for him last summer. He’s not going anywhere unless a club is willing to pay far above that. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

Olise would be brilliant but I'd be surprised if we got him. All the top clubs will be enquiring

Pointless as he'd be too expensive relative to players from abroad. We can target players at top clubs abroad because we can offer higher wages and now CL football plus the draw of the Prem and Emery. 

32 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

My only wish for transfers is that we buy players without any history of injuries (Watkins) and not of an age where they're likely to stay picking them up having until now been injury free all career (Carlos).

Anyone that's missed half a season in the last three years should not even be considered.  Our injury curse (bad luck) is strong, we need to protect against it as best possible. 

So basically any player who is 29 or older 

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Pointless as he'd be too expensive relative to players from abroad. We can target players at top clubs abroad because we can offer higher wages and now CL football plus the draw of the Prem and Emery. 

This.  There is "Olises" in the Bundes and La Liga for a fraction of the price.

Is that £4m received from the Sanson deal?

That'll put a stop to some of the scaremongering around FFP / PSR.

In all seriousness though, really hoping we can get our outgoing business done quickly to focus on the incoming players.

There are UCL quality players that are under £20mil look at Akanji..

I hope we make some clever signings.

I would like us to create our own stars like a Son ect..

We have created one in Emi, i hope we can do the same this summer!

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think Moreno and Rogers shows we can make some good signings for modest fees. I expect to see more

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

For the first time in years I almost expect we do.

Emi, Mings, McGinn, Grealish, Ramsey and Konsa in recent years certainly developed to high level players with us.

Ollie and Dougie were both rated before and with us, but the heights they've hit with us are beyond what was anticipated at Girona and Brentford.

Rogers, Moreno and Duran* all show we can sign players with high ceilings for decent fees.

*I know £19m for a 19yo Striker from MLS is high, but not in the grand scheme of recent striker market in the PL.

Â