Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair that other guy is probably Polish which might work in his favour (the manager who persuaded Cash to declare and was chasing similar second-generation connections has left, right?)

He has and I think the new guy has been critical of Cash for not speaking Polish

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I say No because I have no idea who MGW is.

Morten Gamst Wedersen was my first thought - he's  almost exactly like Morten Gamst Pedersen, but right footed

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, zab6359 said:

How Coutinho has 2 years left on his contract is fkin criminal!!

Yep, and he showed before we signed him on a permanent contract that he wasn't physically up to it anymore anyway!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, burchy said:

Am I right in thinking if we sold Cash for say 25m this summer he’d be an FFP profit of 20m, based on his 5m book value?

If that’s the case then that’s a no brainer for me.

correct and the player brought would have his fee amortized over the length of whatever contract he signs.

13 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

If someone paid 25m for cash they definitely would have no brains alright 

He is worth that kind of figure he is a really solid mid table right back, he just isn't good enough for a team that wants to be in a European competition every year.

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sell Ramsey for 65m. Buy MGW for 45m. Who says no. 

I say no, MGW is a forward, we have Diaby and Bailey for that position.

7 hours ago, allani said:

Yeah I've been underwhelmed by Carlos this season.

It isn't just that it's the age profile of our centre backs and the wages he is on.

We need another centre back who can pass like Pau, Todibo can do that, and isn't going to cost more in wages.

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I'd say we'd get £20m at the most for Cash.

The Atletico links were how long ago now? He's been OK lately but I'd say his rep generally has gone down since then. He's even lost his starting spot for Poland.

Lay off the crack then, that valuation has no grounding in reality for a home grown player in his mid 20's that is proven Premier League quality.

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Lay off the crack then, that valuation has no grounding in reality for a home grown player in his mid 20's that is proven Premier League quality.

How much you reckon he'd go for then Einstein?

I'm not worried about losing any players bar Martinez.

Most of the players that we're at risk of losing we would have been quite happy to sell a year and half ago.

Unai has shown he can turn get these players playing at a high level, i'd be quite sure he'd find some bargain players nobody rates and do the exact same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

How much you reckon he'd go for then Einstein?

Einstein thinks it depends how many clubs want him,  20-25m minimum he could go to low 30's

19 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The worst scenario for me would be Ramsey going to someone like Newcastle and getting someone shit like Longstaff in exchange plus a token gesture of £10-15m.

I don’t think Ramsey is going anywhere 

We have a small squad and Ramsey is one of the only viable “home grown” players we have. If we sell him we literally cannot replace him because there’s no available positions in the European squad for non-homegrown players, it would be shooting ourselves in the foot if we sold Ramsey just to immediately run into issues with squad restrictions 

Not a link yet but Gabriel Barbosa is a name that gets mentioned every window. Well he wont this year he just got a 2 year doping ban

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair that other guy is probably Polish which might work in his favour (the manager who persuaded Cash to declare and was chasing similar second-generation connections has left, right?)

was he in the army?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not a link yet but Gabriel Barbosa is a name that gets mentioned every window. Well he wont this year he just got a 2 year doping ban

What a dope....

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, paul514 said:

It isn't just that it's the age profile of our centre backs and the wages he is on.

We need another centre back who can pass like Pau, Todibo can do that, and isn't going to cost more in wages.

and one who can head the ball like Mings or Laursen.

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

I'm not worried about losing any players bar Martinez.

Most of the players that we're at risk of losing we would have been quite happy to sell a year and half ago.

Unai has shown he can turn get these players playing at a high level, i'd be quite sure he'd find some bargain players nobody rates and do the exact same.

I don't think, it would be easy to replace, watkins either.

18 hours ago, randy_69 said:

It’s in Polish 🙂

Kiwi can speak.....shoe Polish?

download shoe polish.jpg

Back on topic....

We do need another quality right back and I hope we have our eyes on one.

Edited by TRO

Â