Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Cash is a steady Premier League player, international, and only 26, £25m would be about the going rate, we paid a big fee for him to begin with and he's improved since then. I bet he'd get a move to a decent sized club as well

Has West Ham written all over it

15 hours ago, allani said:

Agreed.  For the battle for 4th - 8th I think our offensive and defensive numbers stack up pretty well.  But if we want to do more than consolidate our position in that battle each season (which would still be a tremendous step forward from the last 20 years) then the numbers need to improve. 

I do think that a lot hinges on how well Mings comes back from his injury.  I think he adds that physicality, aerial strength whilst still being pretty good with the ball at his feet and being able to win the ball back and quickly transition into attack / control of the ball.  I don't think that it's a one or the other - there are a handful of players just in the PL who I think could deliver both and who we'd have a pretty decent shout of being able to sign. 

As you and I have said many times through the years it's about balance.  I think all I was trying to say is that part of the reason we've lost a bit of balance is because we've had so many injuries in very specific areas this season - almost all of which have been in more "defensive" positions.  So whilst I definitely think that another Kamara-esque DM, a RB (unless Kosta turns out to be a genius signing who can have an immediate impact) and a prospect CB (to replace Lenglet / Hause / Chambers) are high on the priority list - I think some of that balance would naturally return if Mings, Ramsey and Buendia return in the summer and we can avoid having so many CBs out at the same time next season.

I concur.

In talking about improving.....I hope I have never insinuated that the progress under UE has been anything other than mammoth.

I appreciate, the injuries have impacted us hard, and disrupted the progress Unai had envisaged.....However, I do think its valid to identify the vulnerabilities, in order to appreciate the improvement, when it comes.

I still think observations, do get confused with criticism, by some....when its a different context.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

If someone paid 25m for cash they definitely would have no brains alright 

"Never kick a gift horse in the mouth"

Cash at 20m would be ridiculously cheap!

I get plenty of people on this forum don't rate him but some of the criticism he gets is way OTT.

Facts are he's been here nearly four years and for two and a half years he's been a week in week starter in some very good defensive units. Even under Slippy he looked o.k in that basic set up as a few of our other key players massively lost form.

In this time he's also become a full international and started a World cup knock out game. Still only 26 so coming into his peak years.

I think we could get 30m for him. There was talk a year ago Atletico Madrid were looking at him given the success of Trippier and I think he'd be someone open to playing abroad given how his international experience so that's probably the best route although he'd improve plenty of teams below us in the league aswell.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, burchy said:

We can argue the price but the point being if it’s anything higher than 5m he’d be contributing positively to our FFP figures. 

Even if we got 15m for him that’s still 10m. 

We paid about £15m for Cash when he was still in the Championship, anything less than £20m would be a terrible deal and the guy saying someone would have no brains paying £25m for Cash clearly doesn't understand that is the going rate for a half decent full back these days.

Example: Spurs paid £20m for Djed bloomin Spence. That is the type of market we are working in.

£25m for Cash would be a fair deal for all parties. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Cash is a steady Premier League player, international, and only 26, £25m would be about the going rate, we paid a big fee for him to begin with and he's improved since then. I bet he'd get a move to a decent sized club as well

I don't think 25 mill would be outlandish.

At one point he was being linked to Atleti and so on wasn't he?

Scouts and Managers aren't as fickle as us with opinion. I.E when he was in brilliant form some of us were saying we'd never sell him then if he doesn't look brilliant for a while we claim he's not worth much.

In my opinion certain clubs/managers would view what they think he is capable of at his best and go from there.

As you note, fees for players currently as well.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I say No because I have no idea who MGW is.

Gibbs White.... I still say no though... Lol

Unless it was a typo and he meant the rapper MGK.... Still no though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

Gibbs-White and Ramsey are different players, Gibbs-White is more of a No.10, he's not good when pushed out wide, he would be competition for Buendia rather than Ramsey,

Emery would obviously say no, it would leave us with no one to play as our left midfielder other than Rogers. If people think Gibbs-White could play the Ramsey role on the left hand side then obviously haven't watch him play other than highlights, he's a completely different player to Ramsey

4 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

If someone paid 25m for cash they definitely would have no brains alright 

Yeah Dwight Yorke went for £12.6 million. Are we saying Cash is worth twice as much as Dwight Yorke?

• Haha 1

Â