Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

I'd take £20m cash for Cash in a heartbeat. Kosta looks like he's going to be a top player and I'd take the 20m and get a better veteran player from Spain with Konsa covering there too..

17 hours ago, paul514 said:

It isn't just that it's the age profile of our centre backs and the wages he is on.

We need another centre back who can pass like Pau, Todibo can do that, and isn't going to cost more in wages.

That and the fact that I agree with @TRO and we need another defender with some aerial prowess.  Still good in the deck but also more powerful in the air.  I think there are several CBs around who can fit into the way we want to play out of the back AND give us more power to defend / attack set pieces.  Not sure on Todibo's strengths in that regard (just not enough knowledge).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allani said:

That and the fact that I agree with @TRO and we need another defender with some aerial prowess.  Still good in the deck but also more powerful in the air.  I think there are several CBs around who can fit into the way we want to play out of the back AND give us more power to defend / attack set pieces.  Not sure on Todibo's strengths in that regard (just not enough knowledge).

He’s perfect for it

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Spurs paid 26 million for Emerson Royal a few years back who is way shitter than Cash and now Cash is entering his prime

People are really underestimating Premier League prices

Spurs get shafted all the time. It doesn't dictate the market. And I think there's also a notion anybody who plays in a Premier League team is worth huge fees.
It depends who's after the players. Who would be after Cash for north of £20m?
But yeah, if we can get more, I'm all for it.

16 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Spurs get shafted all the time. It doesn't dictate the market. And I think there's also a notion anybody who plays in a Premier League team is worth huge fees.
It depends who's after the players. Who would be after Cash for north of £20m?
But yeah, if we can get more, I'm all for it.

Fulham, West Ham hell he is an upgrade on United full backs. I think our fans massively undervalue our players compared to other teams

• Like 2

Cash has had genuine interest from Chelsea and Atlético Madrid, he'd get in some 'big six' squads as a bench option, a wouldn't be surprised to see Newcastle show interest if we're genuinely interested in selling, if Wolves cash in on Semedo, they could be a possible destination too, as they've changed tranfer policy, and he probably fits the profile, albeit they would pay much of twenty million, if it wasn't for Forest's woes I think they too could be interested. To be honest ideally I don't think we would want to sell him, but instead keep him as back-up, but because we have to raise money for FFP, better to sell someone like Cash rather than our players who are the next level up

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fulham, West Ham hell he is an upgrade on United full backs. I think our fans massively undervalue our players compared to other teams

I certainly don't. I just think Cash in particular is a very limited player that won't attract major interest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I certainly don't. I just think Cash in particular is a very limited player that won't attract major interest.

He's been part of some very good defensive units in his time here unless you think he's been nothing to do with that (despite being a regular in those periods).

I could see Chelsea being interested in him given Reece James endless injury woes. They probably need to sign more of his type as solid prem player than endless 19/20 year olds on 8 year deals.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's been part of some very good defensive units in his time here unless you think he's been nothing to do with that (despite being a regular in those periods).

I could see Chelsea being interested in him given Reece James endless injury woes. They probably need to sign more of his type as solid prem player than endless 19/20 year olds on 8 year deals.

No, of course he's been something to do with it. I'm not saying he's a bad player at all, I just think he's average and I very much doubt Chelsea will be after him.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

He is limited at times but he has a lot of Premier League experience, is in his mid 20s and has an English passport and currently playing for a team in the top 6 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is limited at times but he has a lot of Premier League experience, is in his mid 20s and has an English passport and currently playing for a team in the top 6 

I doubt a mid table Premier League club are going to spend big money on Cash, they will be looking for better value elsewhere. A top club is not going to come in for him and no club outside the Premier League will be able to afford his wages. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I doubt a mid table Premier League club are going to spend big money on Cash, they will be looking for better value elsewhere. A top club is not going to come in for him and no club outside the Premier League will be able to afford his wages. 

In a nutshell.

17 hours ago, paul514 said:

He’s perfect for it

A quick look at his stats on fbref (I know you can't just rely on stats) suggest that he doesn't win many aerial battles.  Very happy to be corrected on that as you've obviously seen a lot more of him than me.  But I do worry that without Mings we are suspect against crosses into the box.  I like Konsa and Pau a lot (and Pau seems to be adjusting to the physicality of the PL) but they're a lot better on the deck / tackling people with the ball at their feet than they are defending crosses.  I don't want an old fashioned "clogger" but I do think we need someone like Mings who can do both jobs - dominate in the air and play / control the ball the way that Emery wants us to play.  I'm just slightly concerned from the stats that Todibo is excellent at the latter but let strong at the former.  Like I say you've probably more knowledge on him so hopefully it's a case of the stats being misleading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

A mid-table team are probably thinking that they are about 6 - 10 points shy of maybe qualifying for Europe.  I actually think that there would be a few who would see that Cash would represent decent value both in defence and attack.  Chelsea for example will spend big money on almost anyone... 😉

Edited by allani

2 hours ago, allani said:

A quick look at his stats on fbref (I know you can't just rely on stats) suggest that he doesn't win many aerial battles.  Very happy to be corrected on that as you've obviously seen a lot more of him than me.  But I do worry that without Mings we are suspect against crosses into the box.  I like Konsa and Pau a lot (and Pau seems to be adjusting to the physicality of the PL) but they're a lot better on the deck / tackling people with the ball at their feet than they are defending crosses.  I don't want an old fashioned "clogger" but I do think we need someone like Mings who can do both jobs - dominate in the air and play / control the ball the way that Emery wants us to play.  I'm just slightly concerned from the stats that Todibo is excellent at the latter but let strong at the former.  Like I say you've probably more knowledge on him so hopefully it's a case of the stats being misleading.

It is misleading due to the way his team plays, he is a proper physical specimen.

Also I don't think Mings is going to play much going forward unless Pau is injured 

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

We say this for endless players and they get decent moves in the end. Cash has been far better for us over a longer period than Matt Targett ever was and he was involved in CL before we were/are going to be. Targett went for 15m so Cash could go for double that I reckon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

We say this for endless players and they get decent moves in the end. Cash has been far better for us over a longer period than Matt Targett ever was and he was involved in CL before we were/are going to be. Targett went for 15m so Cash could go for double that I reckon.

Yeah its just scare tactics in end but if Palace can get 45 million five years ago for a very limited Wan Bissaka then we should easily get similar for Cash

Some fans think we are punching above our weight and happy accept minimal bids for players

Â