Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Lazio have Signed him permanently after his loan 

just get NSWE to splash the cash on him - theyll sell :)

6 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I don't like our left back options

Well our left back options dont like the fact that you dont like our left back options ! 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’ll have two new starting fullbacks next season. Honestly, if that’s our lot, I’m fine with it. 

we need a DM brother.

14 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I don't like our left back options

I actually wonder now if the plan is to sell Moreno now.

We got a good six months out of him and he helped us get 7th so for that alone the signing was a success.

Been a write off season for him this time and he really hasn't been great at all in the games he's played, poor defensively and only average going forward. Looks to have lost a yard of acceleration from the hamstring injury so I'd say that's a significant problem given he's 31 in June.

He won't be on wages like Digne is but we'd have still given him a decent amount to move away from Spain at this stage of his career. With CL imminent also feels like Digne's top level experience is more essential to hang onto so keeping him for one more year, sell Moreno back to a club in Spain and bring in younger understudy feels like the way to go. 

We'll see if Monchi agrees on that. We got away with one last August when the plan seemingly was to sell Digne and replace him with Marcos Acuna who's older and also had an injury hit season at Sevilla.

• Like 1

Hilarious all the clickbait sites one day say we’re unable to sign players due to whatever 3 letter abbreviation we’re now using. Then the following day links us with £30/40/50mill player player abc 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Hilarious all the clickbait sites one day say we’re unable to sign players due to whatever 3 letter abbreviation we’re now using. Then the following day links us with £30/40/50mill player player abc 😆

If you believe that we were in for some of the names last summer ( Felix, Ferran Torres) , that was very ambitious, you do have to wonder if we are gonna have a real go at the window this time round if champions league is done

13 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

what happened to the strong links for Guendouzi ?  Wonder if he could be on the radar !

#

Let’s hope not!

6 hours ago, pete101 said:

If you believe that we were in for some of the names last summer ( Felix, Ferran Torres) , that was very ambitious, you do have to wonder if we are gonna have a real go at the window this time round if champions league is done

I think a DM has to be a priority if Kamara is out until November time. We also need to consider another GK to replace Olsen and compete with Gauci for the No2 spot. Also I would like another striker/forward option.

Basically Martinez or Watkins cannot be out of the side for any significant period of time as the drop off in quality is immense.

I think we have a great first eleven when everyone is fit and has now proven to be top four quality, it’s our back ups/options that need to improve. 

I’ve just forced myself to watch the extended highlights of the semi final. I actually think that this match really highlights where we need to focus our attention in the summer. We have really good attacking options but in order to maintain and improve our position we really need to be able to defend with control and confidence.

Firstly we clearly need a better alternative to Emi. Maybe Gauci is that man but it clearly isn’t Olsen. Forget about his capability to actually keep the ball out of the net, he simply does not have the footballing capability to launch our attacking game. We clearly need a better alternative who is better suited to our style.

Moving onto the fullbacks. I like Digne. He has been really good this season. I would be happy to keep him for another year. Sadly Cash, who I also like, is not a Champions League level full back. He is constantly the man who forgets to move up and hold the offside line. He is too passive in his one on one defending, conceding ground at will by backing off. He’s not great going forward either and clearly needs replacing.

Now to centre half. Pau is our man. He and Emi are the keys to everything we do. He has to play. His weakness however is physicality. He needs a dominant and imposing centre back alongside him. Konsa is a fine player but he also needs a dominant partner. They are a decent pairing but would be better if one of them was more commanding. It would be harsh on Konsa but if we are to improve even more, a replacement has to be considered. I would sell Carlos and buy a replacement with a view to him being Paus partner with Mings and Konsa providing competition.

Finally we need to look at CDM. Kamara, who is class, may not be back until February. We miss him so much and we really need someone to come in and fill that role. It will also give us the opportunity to then play 2 CDMs at certain times if required. If we can offload Donk and Sanson at the same time, then brilliant. We also need a more physical and aggressive 8. Doug has had to play way too much this year. We need someone to share his work load.

So, new Centre Back (Carlos sold). New right back (Cash sold). New CDM (Donk sold). New 8 (Sanson sold). Possibly a new GK depending on Gauci (Olsen sold).

We will probably also need to sell a few youth and fringe players to help fund things. I don’t see where Buendia fits in anymore. We have better options and I wonder whether we would consider moving him on. It’s a tough decision but I would much rather sell him than JJ or Dougie who seem to be the two names banded around most often.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I don’t see where Buendia fits in anymore. We have better options and I wonder whether we would consider moving him on. It’s a tough decision but I would much rather sell him than JJ or Dougie who seem to be the two names banded around most often.

The problem with that is Buendia and JJ have both missed the entirety of this season and their worth is at it's lowest. Selling Buendia now would barely make a mark on FFP and wouldn't increase our budget at all. How much do you think we'd get? 20m if we're lucky?

If we have to sell a player for FFP reasons then Dougie is the most obvious. I don't want to sell him but rather him than Martinez or Ollie 

28 minutes ago, picicata said:

The problem with that is Buendia and JJ have both missed the entirety of this season and their worth is at it's lowest. Selling Buendia now would barely make a mark on FFP and wouldn't increase our budget at all. How much do you think we'd get? 20m if we're lucky?

If we have to sell a player for FFP reasons then Dougie is the most obvious. I don't want to sell him but rather him than Martinez or Ollie 

I don’t think his injury would impact his value that much. He would obviously have to undergo an intensive medical if he were to move on. I think he’s an attractive prospect for a lower half premier league club just because of the type of player that he is. I reckon we could maybe get £30m which would be a decent return in FFP rules.

Gossips seem to really want us to sign this guy. Just won't go away. He's out of contract this summer but even then I don't see him adding much to us.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Gossips seem to really want us to sign this guy. Just won't go away. He's out of contract this summer but even then I don't see him adding much to us.

It’s the new Benni McCarthy. Simply not going to happen. If he was that good, he’s not spending a year in the Championship post relegation. 

Spurs transfer targets for the summer..

Kelly and Adarabioyo are out of contact in the summer and could provide decent depth for us.

Can't see them getting Raphinha or Iling-Junior btw

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Spurs transfer targets for the summer..

Kelly and Adarabioyo are out of contact in the summer and could provide decent depth for us.

Can't see them getting Raphinha or Iling-Junior btw

Both Kelly and Adarabioyo sound like they are signing for Newcastle

Edited by Zatman

Â