Weekends Football 18/20 January

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Toney is such a good front man. Saw a debate on twitter about him and Watkins, think he's a lot better than Watkins.

He has that swagger about him. Love him or loathe him he scores goals 

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

The whole aura of him returning makes a mockery of why he's been out so long. Which was a serious offence in which he fully deserved the ban. You don't see this much clamour or attention on a player who has been out injured for over 6 months. 

Couldn’t agree more. He seems to be one of the media darlings. 

Let’s be honest if he was a foreign player he would’ve been kicked out of his club and would get destroyed by the media. 

No doubting his goal scoring ability but the guy was caught out gambling on his own team and endless times disrespecting the club that pays his wages.

Toney only cares about himself and for that reason I couldn’t give a shit about him.

I imagine Southgate will be stroking one out now though. 

• Like 1

The whole Toney commentary is doing my head in. He's been banned for half a season because he broke the rules. He's lucky it was so lenient. There are players that miss far longer through little to no fault of their own and don't get this sob story.

10 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Let’s be honest if he was a foreign player he would’ve been kicked out of his club and would get destroyed by the media. 

The media that covers top flight English football are a bunch of scumbags at this stage and the Toney treatment is another reason why

Is a lot of things they never call out

Toney's homecoming is billed by Sky as the second coming of Christ, rather than a footballer coming back from a lengthy ban which is was guilty off. 

I am disappointed that we are now only 4th. Boo. Sack the board. Hodgson will be sacked and probably Cooper in at Palace.

I am also trying to remember where exactly Mauritania is 

22 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

We'll see with Tonali... 

• Like 1

Brentford have done a really great job this year of making me dislike them. I think Thomas Frank’s comments after our match sealed the deal for me. I don’t think Forest will win, but I definitely would rather see that outcome.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

With Brentford v Forest, I can’t think of a match I’ve seen this year in the Premier league where the contrast in kits seemed to be lacking visually so much. On the telly, as a spectator, I’m sometimes finding it a little hard to keep track of who’s who. It’s the red and pinks and white blending too much. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

With Brentford v Forest, I can’t think of a match I’ve seen this year in the Premier league where the contrast in uniforms seemed to be lacking visually so much. On the telly, as a spectator, I’m sometimes finding it a little hard to keep track of who’s who. It’s the red and pinks and white blending too much. 

Newcastle versus Sunderland the other week was awful

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Ohh he moved the ball to create the gap. More good refereeing 🙄

VAR on the ref mic in real time: "delay kick, ball has been moved. Yellow card for player for unsportsmanlike behaviour."

*Wakes up from dream where VAR is used properly*

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, May-Z said:

VAR on the ref mic in real time: "delay kick, ball has been moved. Yellow card for player for unsportsmanlike behaviour."

*Wakes up from dream where VAR is used properly*

They're not allowed to do that, because VAR can only intervene in a small number of specifically documented circumstances rather than being empowered to prevent such blatant cheating behind the ref's back. Absolute **** farce tbh.

• Like 1

Â