Weekends Football 18/20 January

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's cheating, but it's on the ref more to notice these things.

It's cheating in the same way that the wall creeping forward is cheating, it's gamesmanship and happens every game 

Put it alongside a throw in taker not taking the throw in where the ball goes out, it is on the ref but are they really even trying to stop it?

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Put it alongside a throw in taker not taking the throw in where the ball goes out

No this gained a much clearer advantage. It is cheating. But yes, up to the officials to stop it. VAR for example.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's cheating in the same way that the wall creeping forward is cheating, it's gamesmanship and happens every game 

Put it alongside a throw in taker not taking the throw in where the ball goes out, it is on the ref but are they really even trying to stop it?

No this is cheating not gamesmanship. Its no different to diving or damaging the penalty spot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

No this gained a much clearer advantage. It is cheating. But yes, up to the officials to stop it. VAR for example.

Disagree

"Cheating" is too strong, its gamesmanship and its very common, you can make an argument for him doing the white line but the actual moving of the ball isn't that big a thing, forest should have shifted their wall to suit but they weren't paying attention

This is only a fuss because it's toney coming off his ban, if villa did it we would say absolutely nothing 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

No this is cheating not gamesmanship. Its no different to diving or damaging the penalty spot

So the wall moving is not cheating but the ball being moved is?

People acting like this hasn't been done before, it's done every week 

Could do with Sheffield United getting something from the game today. West Ham being just 6 behind with us still to go to the tax payers stadium, is a bit too close for comfort for me.

I doubt they will catch us, but would be good to see them knocked back a bit, as 6th is the one place we don't wanna end up after such a great year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Could do with Sheffield United getting something from the game today. West Ham being just 6 behind with us still to go to the tax payers stadium, is a bit too close for comfort for me.

I doubt they will catch us, but would be good to see them knocked back a bit, as 6th is the one place we don't wanna end up after such a great year.

Like has been said before, we need to consentrate on winning games not what others are doing, especially Wet Spam.

Sheffield United have lacked a goalscorer and the means of getting him the ball, including Archer. It will be interesting to see whether Brereton-Diaz proves more effective than the £24 million vacuum that is Rhian Brewster.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Like has been said before, we need to consentrate on winning games not what others are doing, especially Wet Spam.

"We" don't need to concentrate on anything. We are just fans on a forum. 

I am sure the players are focused but me saying I would prefer West Ham to lose is entirely acceptable and has no bearing on anything.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Sheffield United have lacked a goalscorer and the means of getting him the ball, including Archer. It will be interesting to see whether Brereton-Diaz proves more effective than the £24 million vacuum that is Rhian Brewster.

4 goals in 3 and a half years. Another like Maupay that was an uproar on here because we didnt sign him that Sheffield United showing more ambition than us

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

4 goals in 3 and a half years. Another like Maupay that was an uproar on here because we didnt sign him that Sheffield United showing more ambition than us

Coincidentally, I was just watching Robbie Brady come on as a substitute for Preston, in their defeat at Leeds, and contemplating a new thread 'Players Villa fans wanted to sign who turned out to be useless'.

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don't think there's anyone in the world who thought that Sheffield United had more ambition than us. Some people just weren't convinced that Duran deserved to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think there's anyone in the world who thought that Sheffield United had more ambition than us. Some people just weren't convinced that Duran deserved to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

I was talking when they signed Brewster not Archer 😝

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Â