Weekends Football 18/20 January

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I thought they stopped the use of a towel to clean the ball in throw-ins, or did I just imagine that? 

That was just in the EFL

• Like 1

Good job they didn't beat us at VP as they'd be on the same points as us!

There was a point at 2-1 in that game where we looked like they may get back in it too. 

Shows how good a job Moyes is doing that they are currently only 6 points behind us after our great start.

• Haha 1

I really don’t think West Ham are of any worry to overtake us. Terrible to watch per usual and no Kudus to carry them through matches. 

Feel a bit for Danny but Unai read the writing on the wall and made the cut throat move to get rid. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Seriously Kurt Zouma moves like a fifty year old, how's this man playing football.  He's been limping for 3 years.

That cat was clearly heavier than it looked to kick! 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's cheating in the same way that the wall creeping forward is cheating, it's gamesmanship and happens every game 

Put it alongside a throw in taker not taking the throw in where the ball goes out, it is on the ref but are they really even trying to stop it?

Rules are clear about free kicks - they need to happen at the point of contact. If Toney knew he wasn’t cheating he’d not take the foam to cover his tracks. It’s frankly embarrassing. He moved the ball to gain an added angle. It’s cheating 101 and he’s probably not getting much flack because he’s English. It’s got nothing to do with gamesmanship - he knew exactly what he was doing to cheat and gain an advantage. 

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Rules are clear about free kicks - they need to happen at the point of contact. If Toney knew he wasn’t cheating he’d not take the foam to cover his tracks. It’s frankly embarrassing. He moved the ball to gain an added angle. It’s cheating 101 and he’s probably not getting much flack because he’s English. It’s got nothing to do with gamesmanship - he knew exactly what he was doing to cheat and gain an advantage. 

At the same time, the rules are clear about the distance walls should be from the free kick, and they know they're cheating because if they weren't, they wouldn't be shuffling mm by mm when the ref isn't looking.

I was screaming bloody murder at the time, but it's mostly because Toney is a word removed and I despise him, but I think @villa4europe probably makes a fair point

I'd happily see bookings for both examples though

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Good job they didn't beat us at VP as they'd be on the same points as us!

There was a point at 2-1 in that game where we looked like they may get back in it too. 

Shows how good a job Moyes is doing that they are currently only 6 points behind us after our great start.

Bit hypothetical like we might finish above Brighton last season.😉

Not worried about West Ham at all. They've simply got too many out to go on some massive winning run over next six games so they'll fall back.

Think Brighton will be above them in 2-3 games time and looking at their fixtures up to mid March they are a looming threat I think.

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

But that's my point, they don't, we all know they don't, we watch them not happen at the point of contact every week

This is faux outrage because Toney is now a cheat and a dirty player because of his ban, in reality he's done nothing that we don't see every game, the difference is he managed to score from it, that's why he's not getting much flak

And like I said is the wall creeping forward also "cheating" because again we see that every game too

And on top of all of that... If forests wall takes a step to the left he doesn't score, the gain that he's made only exists because forest are shit, that's why I think you don't see that goal more often, it was terrible from the wall and easily avoidable 

Â