Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Just now, wishywashy said:

MOTM imo, ran the show and getting better by the game. How did Boro fans not rate this guy? We've robbed them blind.

I think he's a prime example of how important coaching of this level is for a player. Boro fans, Bournemouth fans and folk that more broadly watch the Championship didn't seem to rate him, but it's plain to see that he has a lot of the raw materials there which Emery et al obviously trusted themselves to be able to get something out of, and performances like this are the result.

That's with only having joined just a few months ago too. There's a serious player in there.

• Like 3

i dont want to get carried away, but if he continues to develop like he has been doing, he might end up being one of our key players and one of the first names on the team sheet next season.

unreal signing so far.

also, what a goal, absolute composure and skill, class.

Edited by MaVilla

The two players signed for “big” money from the championship in Jan, Wharton and Rogers are doing incredibly well.

The difference being I don’t think many saw it coming with Roger’s, he’s been top class the last few games.

6 more months or so of Unai coaching and the hype this lad will have will be mental. Media and general football fans will be all over him I'm certain. He's seriously got the lot.

What a **** player, such a joy to watch. Bodies everyone and has a sublime weight of pass. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

6 more months or so of Unai coaching and the hype this lad will have will be mental. Media and general football fans will be all over him I'm certain. He's seriously got the lot.

What a **** player, such a joy to watch. Bodies everyone and has a sublime weight of pass. 

And on top of that he’s not premier league fit yet. 

Bournemouth trying to man mark him with Adam Smith was hilarious. Rogers has 4 inches and 30#s on him.  In Unai's system where the wide men drift inside any man marking team are going to have there hands full trying to deal with Rogers. 

Gave him MOTM today.  Slightly ran out of steam towards the end but in that spell between us being 0-1 down and then 3-1 he was absolutely unplayable.  I think he and Watkins are going to form a great partnership next season.  And dare I say that he might become Ollie's replacement when Ollie eventually hangs up his boots?

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Wrong shirt 

Dont think it's wrong shirt it's more just absolutely stacked, given his still relative lack of experience Southgate won't risk it, Mainoo as an example we desperately need more depth in that position, Rogers we don't 

He was more than an okay Champioinship player, he was statistically one of the best, for the first half of the season, a few Middlesbrough fans saying different to make themselves feel better about losing him doesn't change that. If he wasn't doing very well we wouldn't have signed him, we've got top coaching staff who can improve players, but those players have to have something about them in the first place, we can't just magically turn average players into players as good as Rogers is proving to be so far

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

He was more than an okay Champioinship player, he was statistically one of the best, for the first half of the season, a few Middlesbrough fans saying different to make themselves feel better about losing him doesn't change that. If he wasn't doing very well we wouldn't have signed him, we've got top coaching staff who can improve players, but those players have to have something about them in the first place, we can't just magically turn average players into players as good as Rogers is proving to be so far

Nobody is saying that. Everyone is saying he's stepped up sooner than expected. 

Â