Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

He should have been booked for the cynical kick out on the foul before his booking. His performance was not on the ref. He just has some learning to do but looks like he has potential. 

I watched the Luton defender do it countless times to ollie, 4 times in 5 minutes first half and he never got booked, just gave away a free kick, the ref was terrible so judging Rogers with that official is  lof no value, he played well until he picked the yellow card up. That's enough for now . 

Far better offensively than in defence. Got a lot to learn. Was a whisker away from scoring a cracker. 

• Like 1

Players like this would be straight in the team before Emery came in. But now we are officially a top 4 club this season, he'll have to develop before he gets a full 90 minutes. 

Was excellent on the ball especially first half he’ll only learn and gain experience on the pitch. It’s funny how the reaction is always slightly moany when young players are given an opportunity it’s also the same when they aren’t given the opportunity 🙄

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

tactical substitution but acknowledged he is on a learning curve. 

It seemed that Emery wanted Digne to play higher up in the pitch, and that he was afraid that Rogers would be more of a passenger than the players that entered the pitch. Looks a good move in retrospect.

• Like 1

Good first half, struggled in 2nd but so did the rest of the team. Some of that struggle down to experience. I'm satisfied he will have a useful supporting role to play in the next few months anyway

Probably more suited to the support role behind Watkins than wide left. Looked good around the box, booking really cost him as he couldn't put a foot in after that.

• Like 1

Very good with the ball. Lots of work to do and learn when he hasn’t got the ball. A few times second half he seemed to be just jogging back to cover and left himself too much to do when he got there. I’m sure it will come.

• Like 1

I can see why we bought him he slotted in perfectly first half.  He’s been bought do develop that’s exactly what we are doing.

• Like 1

Ultimately, you can’t train that ability to carry the ball past players and that weight of pass and ball striking. 

But he’s got a lot of work to do on the training ground out of possession. The yoemans side of the game. 

I had very high hopes for Zaniolo at first, don't feel so confident about him now.  But I thought Rogers looked far more the part today. Obviously has a lot to learn but I somehow get the feeling he will adapt very quickly and be a big player for us.

Â