Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 23:59

5 hours ago, Annoyman said:

"That Konsa yellow is stupid. Grown men should be able to regulate their emotions" is a hell of a take coming from, uh, the VillaTalk match thread

That's irony impaired in the most spectacular way

51 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

.Konsa is a total baller, he's been great at right back but I think we need him playing in the middle with Pau. 

Konsa has become a key player and the complete defender. Passing and vision not quite as good as Pau, but his all round game and defensive quality is supreme. Our most improved player, and that’s some accolade in this team.

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I think I may have replied to the wrong comment. It wouldn't be the first time.

Hahaha! The post i replied too in context of what i’d said made even less sense. You’ve really in these moments got to wonder what Gresford would have thought. 

Given the injuries/suspension and number of games we've played that was a very decent performance and an even better result.  If Moussa wasn't aiming for Row Z in the north stand second-half we'd have been out of sight by the time they got their second.  Martinez was culpable on that one - shouldn't get beaten at his near post like that, he was cheating over. 

With our history in the Christmas period, a blip was inevitable, but if one away defeat and a home draw was the blip this year, then I'm happier than a pig in 💩

• Like 1

Well that was a hard watch I must say. I lost count how many times we put it over in the 2nd half.

What I don’t like is kicking towards the North Stand in the 2nd half, but for Burnley, I think it was a tactic making us kick that way because Vincent Kompany definitely knows what the Holte End atmosphere is like when he played for Man City. All they were trying to do was frustrate us because of this reason.

On the other hand, a win is a win and we move onto Boro next Saturday.

I'm.not sure what kompany was complaining about. Okay the penalty was soft and Duran bought it. The handball through Carlos, it was outside the area so should have been a free kick but not aware that accidental handball to stop a goal scoring opportunity is a red card?

I know it's virtually impossible to turn our expectation levels back to September, but thw least we can do now is to appreciate where we are. The rise in expectations is a testimony to our success. 

our team is much thinner in quality compared to our rivals, even Spurs and ManU. I'd call it a small miracle if we manage Top-4 in the end. If we do, we should give Unai and players the biggest of credits.

• Like 1

Overall reflections on another fruitful 6 hour round trip to the home of football. 

Midfield and forward line are tired. The lack of movement between the lines l, showing for Carlos and Longlet was the reason for slow.build up play. Too static = too rigid. Now that everyone seems to have stopped pressing us, we need to go back to quick passing, quick moves, quickly transferring. This will take some time to adjust to and a rest to help in terms of energy levels / training ground time. 

Duran is so raw its a little embarrassing at times, but he is also unpredictable for the opposition too. Walking card, walking event too. We do need to send him out to play 90mins regularly and bring in someone more ready to impact from bench in a positive only way. 

Ollie, best striker currently in the Premier? All round contribution, leading the line, bringing in others, calmness etc etc. (Haaland being injured or course) 

Top four is in our hands this year, can't see anyone behind us being consistent enough to overcome the points difference as we will keep winning most games at home. Too many key players off to Asia and African for our rivals that we won't suffer from. 

I could even see us squeeking into the title race as we go back to 1 game a week until March, rest up in Jan and get key players back....you never know. 

We miss mings last man pace and brawn on the turn. Longlet, Carlos and Pau will always give away chances in transition. Remember our amazing defence in the second half of last season....mings gives us that ballast and reassurance. Currently, there is no one else who can do that with konsa parked out wide. I think we need to bring him back into cb, drop Carlos, play cash and put up with cash's limitations going forward, in exchange for some clean sheets. 

Kamara and tielemans are big misses in the midfield box to break the lines with passes. Them being out/back may change my point about tiredness and movement above. Perhaps we just miss their eye for both a run and a pass? 

Jan....extra depth at rb, gk, cf loans with experience and we could be onto something seismic.... 

UTV

• Like 4

Â