Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Just now, Spoony said:

It’s gut wrenching how far we have dropped off. As this is Villa this season has felt like a generational chance to achieve something. Now we are in relegation form (not that we are going to be anywhere near relegation but this is presently 2 points from what should be a guaranteed 9)

ok I'm a little miffed too, but really? XD

This game is what happens when players have a bit of success and think they're better than what they are. Unai got them here, the system made them the players they are now we are just super casual and too good to sprint back.

A lovely slap on the arse this week has been for a few of this lot.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We don't have a makeshift defence. Pau is on the bench but other than that we have Konsa & Carlos where theyve played all season. And Moreno that would have been first choice all season if he hadn't been injured.

Lenglet over Pau is not ideal but it's not makeshift.

I think we would have Kamara in front of Konsa and Pau with Digne and Cash in our best 11. We’ve been ‘making do’ for a few weeks now.

As I say, why do you think we’ve been off it the last few matches if not for the absent players?

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

I think we would have Kamara in front of Konsa and Pau with Digne and Cash in our best 11. We’ve been ‘making do’ for a few weeks now.

As I say, why do you think we’ve been off it the last few matches if not for the absent players?

I'm fully aware we have missing players but my point couldn't be any clearer. We are not playing with a makeshift defence