HalfTimePost

Tricky one for selection - for me, it's Ollie and one of Diaby, Bailey or Zaniolo - whenever we've tried more of them it's left us unbalanced.

The difficulty is that whilst we have loads of competition for that spot, we're thinner than my hair in the areas where we could really do with help.

If Pau is back, that will really help - and I think we can go with Konsa, Carlos, Torres and for this game Moreno - I think we'll be attacking more and I think Moreno brings more help - plus Digne has had a couple of knocks lately. If Emery does decide to go with more than one of Diaby, Bailey or Zaniolo then obviously Digne would come back in - we don't need a winger at full back if we're also playing two wingers.

It's in the middle that it's hard - we need four and with Kamara suspended and Tielemans out, we've pretty much only got five - so it'll have to be Dendoncker, Luiz, McGinn and Ramsey again, with Iroegbunam on the bench - some of those are looking a little tired and aren't quite at their best, but right now, we can't rest any of them unless Emery is feeling bold enough to start big Tim over a big name. The other option is to play Cash at right midfield (or at right wingback in a five) to enable one of those four to drop out - but he struggled last time out in the middle of the park and I'm not sure it works. I think we're one body light in there in terms of our squad.

It could well be worth looking at going to a five, either with Cash at right back or Konsa in a system that features four natural centre backs including Lenglet, who hasn't done much wrong in the games he's appeared in.

For me, i think I'd end up playing almost the same team as last night, but with Torres in for Lenglet and maybe Diaby in from the start - I think that should be enough.

----------------------------Martinez----------------------

Konsa-------Carlos--------Torres------Moreno

---------------Dendoncker---Luiz--------------------

------Mcginn----------------------------Ramsey----

----------------Diaby--------------------------------------

----------------------------Watkins----------------------

• Like 1

I think we're teetering on the edge of some bad form. After the elation of the City and Arsenal games, we've broadly been poor IMO.

Really need to win this.

The team has to learn has to take some easy wins as well as the hard fought ones.

What's the issue with actually starting Tim? People going on about how highly rated he is and yet we hesitate to put him in against 19th team at home?

Or is the general plan just to sell any academy product who can run for FFP for eternity?

Perhaps he should go out on loan but then people will moan he needs to stick around in case we lose a couple of CMs at the same time. Which has now happened.

I think this would be a good game to give him a start. He started v Norwich in April 2022 so not far off two years ago and started around 30 championship games last season.

Might be playing against Ramsey so that would be a good battle to watch.

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

If we lose to these at home, we may aswell write the season off.

Why? Surely a fight for a champions league place would keep the season alive for some fans ? Or is it Champions or nothing ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, smg said:

Why? Surely a fight for a champions league place would keep the season alive for some fans ? Or is it Champions or nothing ?

We won't be winning any Prem title chap if that's what you mean, an hardly fighting too hard for a CL place if we cannot manage to see off Burnley.

• Like 3

It’s frustrating that the two players who were excellent towards the back end of last season - Moreno and Ramsey have both been incredibly rusty on return.

I assume we have no choice but to play Moreno in this match but I would defintkely be replacing Ramsey until he can get some match fitness back because he’s not done a lot in the games he has played.

• Like 1

Could've taken 4/6 points from the last couple of games, but ended up with 1. Still, we'd all probably have gladly taken 10 pts from the last 5 fixtures before a ball was kicked. And if we win vs Burnley then 13 out of 18 doesn't look bad at all. I think this is a game where Diaby and Bailey both playing could work since Burnley leave a lot of space and are shaky when pressed. We have to get back to our imperious best at home. Dominate the ball and move it forward quickly whenever a gap opens up. 

18 hours ago, Rodders said:

We need new players. They are tired and the back ups are total wank 

Anything less than a win would be deeply anger inducing. Threatening to go into collapse mode. Not beating the shittest team in the league and the nature of that **** collapse against that **** team again. Anything but a win is unacceptable if we are not to pass away our great start. Can see the wheels fall off if we lose here

Which back ups are total wank?