HalfTimePost

Watching the Burnley v Liverpool game.

they play some nice stuff, we’ll have to have our wits about us. But they’re very vulnerable to a high press and have a really weak underbelly in defence. Kind of remind me of us under Deano’s  first season back in the Prem. 

We should win comfortably, but as we’ve seen lately, we can’t take it for granted.

Cash and Pau will likely be back, which I think will help us in the press (Bailey up top over Diaby) and in launching our own counter attacks. Title and maybe? Though I’d maybe start him on the bench 

onwards and upwards. i'd like to see some changes:

emi

cash   konsa   pau   moreno

luiz                mcginn

bailey        diaby      zaniolo

ollie

Give me a scrappy VAR shithouse 1-0 win right now. Another poor performance at home to another team that will be in the championship next season and then the wheels are really coming off. We could do with a comfortable 3-0 win. 

Edited by villa89

He made the mistake of playing Cash against Sheff Utd and it badly hurt our build up. Without Kamara to drop in for him he's not good enough in this system for me. Think he did his shoulder so he might not be fit anyway.

Emi

Konsa Carlos Pau Moreno

Bailey McGinn Luiz Zaniolo

Diaby Watkins

I don't think they'll play like Sheff Utd or have the discipline to make it work even if they did, but they do play some nice stuff. That Odobert has fast feet, and Konsa will have to do better than he did tonight to keep him quiet. 

That said, we really have to be winning this, and it will be a test of the mental strength of this group. Can they pick themselves up, or is this the beginning of a prolonged slump? I choose to be optimistic. A nervy 2-1 is my prediction.

No excuses, 3-1 win.

At least tonight the set pieces worked well and Burnley are really really bad at defending them so expecting a goal or two from those.

Pau should be back in and Cash aswell so defence more settled.

We cruised to a win at Turf Moor and it's not like they've massively improved since then when you look at the results. Thinking about it this would be a good game to bring Diaby back to try to get him going in prem as he was really good in that game.

Kompany won't change the way he plays but we can't take this game for granted.  3 points are needed. Anything less its been a disastrous Christmas/ new year period 

We need to really press them like Everton and Liverpool did and mistakes will come 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

We need new players. They are tired and the back ups are total wank 

Anything less than a win would be deeply anger inducing. Threatening to go into collapse mode. Not beating the shittest team in the league and the nature of that **** collapse against that **** team again. Anything but a win is unacceptable if we are not to pass away our great start. Can see the wheels fall off if we lose here

Hopefully Torres is fit enough to start alongside Konsa in the centre and Cash will be back at RB.

the biggest miss will be Kamara who allows Luiz to play so much better.

I’m confident we’ll still win this though.

Martinez

Cash. Konsa. Torres. Moreno

Bailey. Luiz. McGinn. Zaniolo

Bailey. Watkins

• Like 2

Must win game if the wheels are not to fall off from our season. Last night was an absolute disgrace but they have to get it out of their system.

We are better than Burnley in every department and unlike Sheffield United they do try to play a bit and won't put 11 men behind the ball, we simply have to be winning this game comfortably. The players owe us for that horrendous capitulation last night.

• Like 3

Not sure Burnley are capable of putting 10 behind the ball so it’s the perfect game for us to get back on track.

This already feels like a massive game, anything other than a comfortable win and you’re really thinking the bubble has burst and who knows how we pull ourselves back together again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Hopefully Torres is fit enough to start alongside Konsa in the centre and Cash will be back at RB.

the biggest miss will be Kamara who allows Luiz to play so much better.

I’m confident we’ll still win this though.

Martinez

Cash. Konsa. Torres. Moreno

Bailey. Luiz. McGinn. Zaniolo

Bailey. Watkins

We still have the option to make 3-4 changes. Cash is 100% available, I'd be starting Pau given we barely played a prem game for the next month after this game and I'd strongly consider starts for Diaby and Tim just to give a fresher feel. Or bring in Zaniolo if we're keeping the same shape as in recent weeks.

• Like 1