HalfTimePost

Burnley will not sit back. They never do. This side is set up much better to play on the transition . We will get space in behind. Lots of it. But they will be far better at getting in behind us than many others have. Goals in this game for sure.

98 years ago was the last time we did the double over Burnley. We won 10 nil at Villa Park. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just think it would be better giving a bench spot to someone who might actually get on if only for five minutes when we are 12-0 up

Of course; we all think this. It's just that when anyone who comments on this situation puts their CV next to King Unai's CV, there's a pretty steep drop-off in on-field football success. So there's really no need to even mention it anymore.

We just need the 3 points, regardless of the performance, if we can get the performance as well as 3 points great, but I'll take a boring 1-0 win.

Not sure why Ramsey starts, looks well of the pace. We need to see the diaby from the start of the season and he needs to take a leaf out of baileys book, who has really stepped up lately.

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I really enjoyed reading the comment from Kompany regarding Emery and the job he's done with us. I think he was spot - on.

Vincent Kompany, like Troy Deeney and one or two others I could mention, are one of very few ex-pro's / managers who are genuinely worth listening to.

33 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Still don't get the point of two sub keepers, you might need one but you're never needing two, ever.

Surely to give the 18 year old match day experience in the build up during the game as long as Olsen is unavailable then should EMI get injured then he becomes the number 2 . You can’t expect an 18/year old just to step up with no experience whatsoever and perform to the required standard.