bannedfromHandV

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

The most nervous I’ve been for a game all season. 3rd in the league best home side vs bottom of the league worst away side for a chance to go top of the league, it screams Villa **** up :lol:

No reason to think that in the Emery era but too many times we’ve done things like this. Early goal would be huge. 

UTV. 

I’m the same. Under previous managers this is exactly the sort of match we **** up.

Emery will be even more livid than us if we fail to get 3 points.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Martinez
Konsa, Carlos, Lenglet, Digne
Bailey, McGinn, Douglas, Ramsey
Diaby, Watkins

This is what I'm guessing, too. I worry about Lenglet, but trust him more than Chambers in there. I wonder if there's a chance Kortney will make the bench. Wouldn't mind that, tbh.

their last 7 games are 2 wins (Wolves/Brentford), 1 draw (Brighton), and 4 losses (Bournemouth, Burnley, Liverpool, Chelsea), so 7 points from those 7 games.

They arent doing as badly as their early season form from their first 10 games, of 0 wins, 1 draw, 9 losses.

We had better be on our game.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

This is what I'm guessing, too. I worry about Lenglet, but trust him more than Chambers in there. I wonder if there's a chance Kortney will make the bench. Wouldn't mind that, tbh.

If Lenglet plays it's to keep the balance of having a left footer in there, Chambers wouldn't get a look in if Carlos and Konsa are fit and we play two right footers. Seems it's important for Emery to have a left footer there to not have to change the rehearsed patterns of play to get out from the back that we've been using when Torres plays in there.

The midfield will be interesting too, we've seen McGinn struggle playing further back but with Kamara and Tielemans out it's more than likely it'll be a Luiz and McGinn pair in the middle.

• Thanks 1

Sensible. Carlos there as cover for both left and right centre back.  Cash to bomb forward when he can , Digne to offer a bit more solidity and the 4 attacking players to go for it and cause havoc. 

Edited by MWARLEY2