Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Second string is a massive drop off in quality and the returning players have all been awful. Cash terrible, Moreno poor, Ramsey simply shouldnt be on the pitch. Unfortunately that's coupled with the increasingly standard invisible performance of Diaby. McGinn is ineffective due to changed position. Pau, Carlos only decent players so far. Kamara is half the player with Luiz by his side. 

No urgency, no belief, no effort. Really disappointing performance from the team and actually worse than the Nottingham game. Unai will have to have a massive change in approach/ personnel in the second half as we've been horrific and not truly tested their keeper. A standard away performance?

Our first XI is arguably title challengers. This XI are barely top half challengers.

A lot of doom and gloom in here - I don’t think that half was particularly bad! Largely went as expected with us having the majority of the ball and creating some good chances, but then a lapse of concentration and we’ve been sucker punched.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Brentford's ground is like a church as well.

Not like were playing under a hostile atmosphere.

I just don't get why we don't perform against teams like this away from home.

Badly need Buendia in games like this, he's such a loss.

• Like 1

Missed the whole first half because I had surprise guests (actually friends, not lice or something).

Disappointed to see we're getting beat away from home again.

Without even watching it, I'd take a guess that the 352 thing is an issue because there's such a disparity between our left and right flanks. We've left Cash behind.

Happy to be corrected though!

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Too many players off it today. I thought Moreno has looked lively going forward but the goal may not have happened if Digne had have been playing.  Cash off for Bailey and maybe even take Ramsey off for Dendoncker to give ius a bit more strength in midfield and get Mcginn further forward. 

Definitely not Dendoncker. Tim would he a much better option. 

• Like 1