viivvaa66

SkyBet have the following odds

Us  - 100/30

Draw - 3/1 

Them - 8/11 

So they are still favourites, but nothing like the usual margins. Current form, Rhodri out and our home form, the main factors you'd suspect.

They still have the quality to hit us for 4 or 5 on their day but I hope we do ourselves justice and cut out the unforced errors. Everyone needs to be at least 7/10.

I suspect plenty of goals and I think we will need at least 3 to win it. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

We will be doing well to get anything from Man City, Arsenal, and Man Utd, I think people going overboard with how bad Man Utd are, yes they're well below where they want to be, but still more than good enough to give us a tough game, despite how poor they've supposedly been they're still only two points behind Newcastle, and three behind Spurs, which is ominous for the teams just above, because they will probably improve as they usually do, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they finished top four.

And then the other two December games are Brentford and Sheffield United, we should beat Sheffield United, but Brentford away is another tough game, and the kind of fixture we've shown we can struggle in, see the away games against Bournemouth, Wolves, and Forest, so I think it's just realistic to say we're in for a tough December, I don't say the opposite just for the sake of being heroic.

We're playing Burnley at home on the 30th aren't we?

If we can win those two and get another win and draw then I'd say 38-39 points at halfway mark is very good going, even better if we get a shock result and go over 40 points.

Would leave us needing about 10 wins from our final 18 matches to get top 4.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

If we get nine points from the remaining December games then that will be a good return. Hopefully we can sneak some results in the tougher games, and play at our best in the so called easier games, if we do that then it's possible to take more points. Our whole season isn't defined by how we do in December anyway, most teams have little blip, if we have one this month, ce n'est pas trop grave, we will still be in a good place overall.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

If we are going to lose our unbroken wins at VP then it might as well be against this cheating club

Obviously we would love to win but I’d much prefer it be the current European champions as the team to break our 100% home streak than some mid table side. 

That said, I really really want something out of at least one of the next two games. Keep the confidence high.

The debate seems to be Bailey or Diaby, but I think we need to play both. Bailey, Ollie and Diaby is our strongest front three currently, 15 goals between them. Ramsey is still rusty after his injury layoff, Zaniolo has no end product whatsoever, and Tielemans is better in games where we dominate possession. No Konsa at right back either, Diego Carlos has to be dropped after his defending against Bournemouth. 

My team would be:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Pau Digne

Kamara Luiz

Diaby McGinn Bailey 

Watkins

• Like 2

Last time I went to a Villa - ManC fixture we won 3-2 with an El Ahmadi goal, Bacuna freekick and the wonderful Weimann finish in front of the holte end. 

A 3-2 in similar style and I'll be happy. 

• Like 2

If our lads can't get motivated to put a shift in for this game, at VP, then I will have second thoughts about our whole Champions League ambition.  FWIW I think we will see a performance - whether that's enough, we will see.