viivvaa66

Front 3 of Watkins, Diaby & Bailey.

Midfield 3 of Mcginn, Dougie & Kamara.

Back 4 Cash, Konsa, Pau & Digne. 

Best goalkeeper in the world in goal, Martinez. 

Can't call this City could very well spank us & we could very well give them a going over. Have had this feeling we will beat City tonight & lose to Arsenal weekend, think this will take alot out of us tonight, would be brilliant if we went above them tonight if only for a few days.

• Like 2

We need to go hard and fast from the first whistle and not give them any respite.

Even if Stones and Doku play they won’t have the fitness to play a full 90 at high intensity. Our bench is significantly stronger and more integrated into the team than theirs so we need to utilize that advantage if needed with Ramsey, Moreno and Bailey/Tielemans potentially game winning options to come on. 

Most of all we need to embrace the dark arts and get them yellow cards nice and early in the game and create a very hostile environment. If the opportunity presents we need to make damn sure the ref gives a second yellow unlike the Bournemouth game where we just let it slide without much objection. 

So kick off is 645am here tomorrow, I'll be leaving for work around then, it's going to be 33C and humid and I gotta be on the tools all day.

The result is gonna make me or break me 😅

Hopefully we can get some kind of result, for the team and my own selfish reasons.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So kick off is 645am here tomorrow, I'll be leaving for work around then, it's going to be 33C and humid and I gotta be on the tools all day.

The result is gonna make me or break me 😅

Hopefully we can get some kind of result, for the team and my own selfish reasons.

9:15am here. Are you 2 and half hours behind?

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

9:15am here. Are you 2 and half hours behind?

Lol I just checked and yes somehow there is only 2.5 hours difference between Adelaide and NZ, wtf, that's the exact same time difference between Adelaide n Perth right now 😅

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Lol I just checked and yes somehow there is only 2.5 hours difference between Adelaide and NZ, wtf, that's the exact same time difference between Adelaide n Perth right now 😅

I didn't realise they did half hour splits

29 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I really, really want to win this game

Me too.....but even without a few players out they'll probably find a £90m replacement down the back of the sofa......if not that, then the referee will be biased in their favour.....i really hope I am wrong but I'd be happy with a draw.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I didn't realise they did half hour splits

1/2 hour time splits are really weird - especially when you have to work with people outside the time zone.

Anyway - currently in the optimistic phase of match day. 2-1 Villa. Will no doubt come back and post the opposite in a few hours time as the nerves kick in.

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I wonder if Emery puts Carlos right back in there to shadow Haaland. 

But it would require Konsa either playing RB again or being dropped.

I think we'll see the Torres, Carlos and Konsa start.

It's not proving to be very solid, but it is in theory our most defensive shape. Konsa made some great recovery tackles last time he played right back, but overall the team shape wasn't working.  We sacrifice a lot of our threat for more solidity, but end up just inviting more pressure as we are putting less offensive pressure on the opposition.

It's a conundrum and Emery has to solve it.

At home, maybe we should just go all out offence, stick to the plan that's worked so well for 13 games. Change it and you show an element of doubt, and it can have an effect on the players mindset.

Going to be real interesting to see who starts, and I've not looked forward to a game against the reigning champions this much for 30 years. 

For the first time in ages, I am not worried they are going to smash us to bits, I am actually looking forward to the game with a touch of light optimism. 

How far we have come, that we can play the best team on the planet currently and think we could be in with a shout. 

• Like 1

Big game. More important for us than them, the narrative will be about them whatever the result and however we play, and TBH its better that way. A win will put a spring in tired legs for the weekend, Arsenal had a long, mentally draining game too.

I'd play a compact midfield 4 just to make it tight in the middle. They won't hurt us from the sides as much as they will from popping it around and winning the midfield battle.

Getting Moreno to do a pushed up left back role will gives us some width when needed.

Cash - Konsa - Torres - Moreno

Luiz - Kamara
   McGinn           Ramsey

Diaby
                  Watkins 

I honestly believe we have the skill set, to beat Man City.

If Wolves can, we can.

but other doubts linger in my head.

If we can apply ourselves, like we did against Newcastle, we can win this.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1