viivvaa66

20 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Does Unai go for it or not.  Does he start  Moreno or go safer with Digne . Do we use JJs athleticsm from the start or  Tielemans. Or does he start Zaniolo again. Do we start with Bailey due to his form or revert to Diaby and then bring Bailey on 2nd half. Nice conundrums to have .

Zaniolo cannot start thats for sure as hes struggling with the pace of the Premier league and needs more time to adjust his game. I think Tielemans will start as we need someone to get hold of the ball and play it intelligently. Start with Diaby and bring Bailey on when needed.

• Like 1

Need an early goal AND must prevent an early goal from them. I feel like it's all going to come down to the home crowd at Villa Park.

I'll be honest, this also has the feel of one of those "it-seems-like-we-could-win-so-we'll-lose" sorts of matches. Man City are a fearsome, crooked opponent with so much talent on so many levels paid for by cheating. It's hard to compete against that. I would be content if we don't get destroyed and put up a formidable challenge. Afraid to be positive, personally, but I know our players have hearts of champions. 

45 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Does it make people feel better to say I told you so if we lose?

No. But it makes me feel less bad if I don't get my hopes up, only to have them dashed. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

People going out of their way coming up with hypothetical reasons why City will. Pathetic but par for the course. Negative chicken littles. Does it make people feel better to say I told you so if we lose?

Not really. Man City have the best manager in the world and the best striker in the world. Bonus that they are missing a couple of players for this but they have still have an embarrassment of riches. 

Of course with Villas strong home record this is Villas best chance in years to pick up a win, but it’s not negative predicting Man City to win. They are the favourites. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RichW said:

Not really. Man City have the best manager in the world and the best striker in the world. Bonus that they are missing a couple of players for this but they have still have an embarrassment of riches. 

Of course with Villas strong home record this is Villas best chance in years to pick up a win, but it’s not negative predicting Man City to win. They are the favourites. 

They've lost both games when Rodri was out. There's post Foden always good for a goal against us. He scored once against us 2 and a half years ago. It was the same shit in the Spurs pre match thread and actually just regular occurrence it seems

He’s saying he’s setting the team up tomorrow to reduce the distance to city and wants Villa to be the protagonist 😳 Let’s see what happens, massive game  at VP under the lights  🤩 One things for sure, Emery is setting us up to try to win. Expecting goals in this one

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Need an early goal AND must prevent an early goal from them. I feel like it's all going to come down to the home crowd at Villa Park.

I'll be honest, this also has the feel of one of those "it-seems-like-we-could-win-so-we'll-lose" sorts of matches. Man City are a fearsome, crooked opponent with so much talent on so many levels paid for by cheating. It's hard to compete against that. I would be content if we don't get destroyed and put up a formidable challenge. Afraid to be positive, personally, but I know our players have hearts of champions. 

This is why teams lose to them and others. Emery will be instilling in them that we can win, we are at home on a 14 win streak. The players needs to be on it cos I wouldn't be relying on the atmosphere to help them

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Probably our best chance to beat them since we came back up. Can't be happy with a defeat no matter how close it is. A point would be satisfactory. 

I want Emery to get first win vs Pep and first win over City and because it's Emery I believe we can

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

People going out of their way coming up with hypothetical reasons why City will. Pathetic but par for the course. Negative chicken littles. Does it make people feel better to say I told you so if we lose?

Does it make you feel better to insult people constantly? Must be some reason for it.

Lemon.

3 hours ago, rodders129 said:

He’s saying he’s setting the team up tomorrow to reduce the distance to city and wants Villa to be the protagonist 😳 Let’s see what happens, massive game  at VP under the lights  🤩 One things for sure, Emery is setting us up to try to win. Expecting goals in this one

Would be funny if it was his first ever PL 0-0 (which tbf I'd take).

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Does it make you feel better to insult people constantly? Must be some reason for it.

Lemon.

There's way too much negativity in pre match threads about our chances. Bet there's high correlation between the negative posters and people that lose their minds in match threads. 

Orange. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I wonder if Emery puts Carlos right back in there to shadow Haaland. 

But it would require Konsa either playing RB again or being dropped.

Dropping Konsa would be next level madness.

With Kamara back, I think he’ll revert to the Cash-Konsa-Torres-Digne back 4 with McGinn and and Bailey dropping back to help Cash with Doku and Kamara helping out the defence.

• Like 1