Would you rather win the ECL or FA Cup or qualify for the Champions League this season?

Villaphan04

Would you rather win the ECL or FA Cup or qualify for the Champions League this season?   

188 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather win the ECL or FA Cup or qualify for the Champions League this season?

• FA Cup
    • CL Qualification
    • Conference League

This poll is closed to new votes

Has to be CL for me simply due to the additional revenue and exposure for the club.  We're already progressing very well and to continue to do that on and off the pitch we need the money CL generates.  The squad needs additional quality which we're not going to attract playing europa conference league matches.

In addition to this it would also mean one of the darlings of the media miss out 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Any other time I would have said 'a trophy' but am increasingly of the view that playing in the Premier European club competition for the first time since 1983 would be a bigger achievement and a bigger platform to grow from (we did win two trophies since we last played on the top European competition).

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s a very poorly worded question. It should be:

Would you rather win one trophy and then watch your best players and potentially even your manager leave for the biggest clubs in Europe and maybe wait another 15/20 years for a trophy or would you rather trade that for the opportunity to keep all of your players and manager with the ability to add even better players in the summer and hopefully then win numerous trophies over the next 5 years?

And if you still select winning a cup you need to go and see a doctor. 

I dunno your question seems a lot more loaded. It makes it sound like you only want people to pick top 4/5. 

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

If answer isn't CL Qual you're wrong

Nah.

If you could guarantee that CL qualification would lead to bigger and better things and we'd eventually win some trophies because of it, then fair enough, I'd choose it.

But otherwise it's a trophy every time.

• Like 4

Got to be the FA Cup.  Not many living fans have seen that feat and I've always said a tangible trophy on your record is better than coming 4th at something.  I'd also take Conference League ahead of CL qualification.

We've got plenty of time to qualify for Champions League in the future.

Very simply, we could lose our best players or our manager regardless. We could bring in the best player the clubs ever seen also. We could get relegated next year. Luiz or Martinez could get a career ending injury within the next hour. 

All I know is I love being a Villa fan now more than at any other point in my life, this is my favourite team and favourite manager and if I have the choice of 4th place, or watching them win something at Wembley and lift that trophy, I'm picking the second option all day long. 

However, if this was a weird wish-granting reality I think I would let the season play out. We're riding such a wave at the moment I feel like anything is possible. I wouldn't rule out both a trophy and top 5 finish the way things are going. 

People saying we need champions league as if they haven't been watching football recently. Chelsea spend a billion pounds with no champions league revenue. Leicester win the league and still have money problems and end up relegated after a little go in the champions league. Portsmouth, Bolton, Blackburn examples of EUFA cup to bust. Everton most recent example I think other than Leicester or Newcastle in champions league. It's almost impossible to break in, noone does anything groundbreaking when they do and in order to try maintain that it usually ruins a club. 

We can be better than that. It might not turn out that way. But if you're saying top 4 cos it means we'll continue to grow then I'm afraid there's no evidence of that in the past and a lot of evidence of the opposite. Unless you count Man City but they've broken rules so many times they gave up counting and they are owned by a country. 

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Got to be the FA Cup.  Not many living fans have seen that feat and I've always said a tangible trophy on your record is better than coming 4th at something.  I'd also take Conference League ahead of CL qualification.

We've got plenty of time to qualify for Champions League in the future.

We have been waiting 40 years. Makes more sense to go for CL now, establish that as our status and then watch us pick up the cups in the years that follow.

• Like 1