Would you rather win the ECL or FA Cup or qualify for the Champions League this season?

Villaphan04

Would you rather win the ECL or FA Cup or qualify for the Champions League this season?   

188 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather win the ECL or FA Cup or qualify for the Champions League this season?

• FA Cup
    • CL Qualification
    • Conference League

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We have been waiting 40 years. Makes more sense to go for CL now, establish that as our status and then watch us pick up the cups in the years that follow.

That's probably what Spurs fans thought too

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Conference league this year. 

Europa league next year (via 4th place finish this season getting us in to the champions league, finishing third in the group, then winning the Europa league after dropping in to it)

Then Champions league the year after that. 

Exactly. Route map for European domination.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I dunno your question seems a lot more loaded. It makes it sound like you only want people to pick top 4/5. 

It’s not a loaded question if it’s an accurate representation of what’s going to happen if we don’t make champions league. 

It is a tricky one. It's between FA Cup & CL qualification. I went with CL qualification, because you won't get that good an opportunity every year and it could propel you to the next level, whereupon FA Cups become a possibility every year. We need to grab this year. The likes of United, Newcastle, Chelsea, Spurs are vulnerable all at the same time. That won't always be the case. I know it's not silverware, but in terms of the bigger picture, this could be the start of a regular silverware cycle, or certainly put us in a position to do that if all goes well.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If we'd won a trophy in recent memory i'd be voting for CL qualification, but we just have to hoist a trophy. It's been far too long.

Yeah, this for me. I was 8 when we won the league cup in 1996. It's the only thing I can remember us winning and I'm slowly approaching 40.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I did think it but didn't post it. At what point t do we seriously start to ask the question should we concentrate on a title charge?

Nobody's taking us seriously for that. 

But then nobody took Leicester seriously, either. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

🤣

You're joking, right? 

There’s more eyes one the conference league than the FA cup these days.  If the likes of Spurs didn’t share your dismissive opinion they might have won it and started a platform towards European success .

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Nobody's taking us seriously for that. 

But then nobody took Leicester seriously, either. 

It is definitely an outside bet. But we have been demonstrating top 3 form for 12 whole months and across 38 games. Win another 14-15 games and we would be in the mix you would think. 

In response to Sam above:

My point is we won two trophies in the 90s. For me, personally,  seeing us play in the Top Club competition would be a remarkable achievement.  It would mean we were a top four club in the league for a start and would be serious novelty to see CL games and hear CL music at Villa Park. It would be amazing, even if just for one season! We would be visible in a whole new sphere 

Look we almost won a League Cup in 2020 and got to an FA Cup final in 2015. Had we won either of those I would still consider the 2010s, overall to be a crap decade , as we were always fighting relegation/chasing promotion 

Does this make sense?

Edited by Captain_Townsend