Would you rather win the ECL or FA Cup or qualify for the Champions League this season?

Villaphan04

Would you rather win the ECL or FA Cup or qualify for the Champions League this season?   

188 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather win the ECL or FA Cup or qualify for the Champions League this season?

• FA Cup
    • CL Qualification
    • Conference League

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No reason why we can't lift the Europa League Trophy this season while also qualifying for next season's CL with our final league position.

I'd be happy with that.

I can think of a reason... we're not in it 😉

I get what you meant though. We've got to be aiming for both

• Haha 2

i agree with dan rolinson's view on this one. CL qualification immediately changes your status in the eyes of not only potential incomings but also the players we have. hypothetically, if we finish 10th but win either/both the conf league and fa cup is that enough for dougie/emi/ollie etc to stay? whist winning one of these trophies gets you europa league but is europa league enough for them?

CL qualification totally changes the market we're shopping in too. also, this season is arguably easier to do it than others. newcastle have struggled to balance europe and the league. utd and chelsea have been poor but they'll get their acts together eventually. if the chance is there, we have to take it and i think we will even if we have to sack off UECL and the FA cup to do it.

• Like 3

Difficult question isn't it? Having thought about it though, I will take the win both cups and qualify for the CL too option;).

Champions League qualification brings us in the big bucks that would make FFP less of a headache, when it comes to buying players and it would also help retain our best players, who fancy a crack at CL football. It would also give us the chance to compete for that trophy for the first time since 1983.

Winning either of the cups brings Europa League qualification, as well as sees us lift a trophy. I would love us to lift the FA Cup again, whilst Peter McParland is there to witness it and the same applies to  Villa fans, who were old enough to witness 82, but too young to do that in 57. It would be great for fans who were too young to see our 82 win, to see us win a European trophy and for those too young to have seen us win a major trophy to tick that box. 

Not wanting to be too greedy, I would take the FA Cup, but it would be nice to lift any trophy again. If we can't have all three, I will settle for the FA Cup and top 5. By the way, where is the League Champions option?:D

I’m late to this thread and my initial thought was I’d want us to win the FA Cup, or the ECL, but after some reflection I’d have to opt for the Champions League qualification. Main reason being it’s the competition that top players want to play in, we have a better chance of keeping our best players that want CL, and we can use the extra income and raised profile to attract a higher calibre. If the aim is to break the top four and win things, then being a regular CL team is essential. 

My fear is that if we don’t qualify any time soon then our best players will be poached, and I think there could be even more chance of that if we win a cup. They could see it as ‘job done’, we won Villa a cup and now we can move on. 

Anyway, we can’t control any of this so let’s just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us. It’s far more exciting than losing 3-0 to Wigan in the championship!

• Like 1

Champions League I would think.

Conference would be nice and we are the favorites. I don't look at any of those other teams and have any fear of them. Just about managing our squad enough to be able to play a full strength side.

Edited by DJBOB