Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/23 at 23:59

Bit fortunate to come away with 3 points there but I'll take it.

First half was really bad but that late Torres goal was vital. Second half was gung-ho from both sides and there probably could have been a couple goal more for either side. Both GK's were great with Martinez my MOTM. Pau Torres stood out in a positive way in a defense that looked worse than usual. 

Offside tactic worked great again.

• Like 3

Fantastic result. Some big performances 2nd half, Martinez, Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans

Hard place to come, Spurs play high intensity and a bit unconventional tactics, you see big spaces sometimes where you don't expect, they look for the killer ball quickly and got some crafty players like Kulusevski. we did seem to get bit more of a read of them as the game went on. 

Not sure we really exploited break opportunities enough, but did enough and was a nice goal to win it, smooth pass and move football. Their keeper should've got it tbh

• Like 2

Definition of a smash a grab.

Absolutely awful 1st half but the changes at half time changed it. Tielemans was good when he came on and Emi made some crucial saves. 

We will play better and lose this season so will take these grinded out wins when we can get them! 

Just now, TheMightyVillans said:

2nd goal was one of my favourite of the season. The passing and finishing was great. Tielemans changed the match when he came on. Kept onto the ball, played some great forward passes and got the assist.

His bal retention was massive for us second half. We stopped playing it so rabbit in headlights and exploited the space on the right. bailey should have had some great chances if he hadn't tried to cut inside every damn time.

Fair play to Spurs. They're a hell of a side at home. Very Newcastle like.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

that was a proper smash and grab.

they were all over us and should have won it, but we dug in, played some decent stuff at times and did a drive by, i wont complain tho.

Was it?

We were much, much better second half

Most of their big chances was offside anyways

• Like 2