Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/23 at 23:59

12 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Today has shown me that we have one weakness. One. If the oppo play full pace aggressive press our playing out from the back just doesnt work .As soon as they tired and went down 10 percent we were the better more controlled side.  Could easily have scored 2 more second half.

But i have to say fair play Spurs. With half their first team out they didnt half scare us. 

The result in the media will be unlucky Spurs rather than well done Villa. And that is so true for the first 50 mins. The remaining 47 not so much 

They went after us, early on, and we didn't go after them.....That is a weakness, we seem to have.....Its what causes a problem with the long ball against us too, we just stand off the kicker....On another day, we will be punished.

with players in our face, we seem to mess oursleves.....we need to be stronger on the ball.

I think we need some "away" players in the Jan window.....as it turned out, we got away with it....We need to be aware of the disparity of Away v Home performances, when we buy next.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, allani said:

Funny that our 5 missing players for almost the entirety of this season seemed to pass the commentators by today...

They got a lot more first teamers out and we had 2 of ours back today. I have zero sympathy with them though 

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I don't like to see this coming from the official account. Shows a lack of respect.

Sadly social media is aimed at the tik tok generation. See that fat nobody bint on I'm a celebrity that no **** has heard of and you'll see the target audience.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

just want to check i understand.  Unai got it wrong playing Konsa at RB becuase "Konsa's not a right back" and he put it right the second half when Konsa was still playing RB.  ?  Do I understand you correctly?

The changes he made worked but I think he might also have pushed Cash back to RB if he hadn't been on a yellow and skating on thin ice with some of his challenges.  The fact Konsa stayed at RB still doesn't make Konsa a right back, he still looked pretty limited there.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

People saying it was a smash and grab and that we were awful but that really wasn't true in the second half at all. This was a classic case of a poor start followed by the manager making changes and turning it around.

On another day, it could have been a " Newcastle" before the changes could be made.

We will all wallow in this result.....and so be it.....but to ignore some of the poor play, is sheer denial.

Martinez, was clearly the hero.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

On another day, it could have been a " Newcastle" before the changes could be made.

We will all wallow in this result.....and so be it.....but to ignore some of the poor play, is sheer denial.

Martinez, was clearly the hero.

Literally nobody is doing this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Our second half performance was good. 1st half we were not able to get going but we still had good chances to score. We dominated the second half and deserved the win in the end. Not at our best but good enough second half to win.

Yep - I would have been disappointed if Spurs had equalised towards the end of that match.  Thought we were very good in the second half and controlled most passages of play.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Something to build on. Give us confidence for Bournemouth. 

On face of it though we've played 4 of the big 7 away and won twice. 

For sure.

Obviously a great result but where to start with any analysis of the game, there was some much going on. The first half score could have been anything, so i was much relieved to go in level.

One thing i do like is when Douglas, Kamara, SJM & Tielemans are on the pitch together, such a formidable unit. We should be starting these guys whenever we can away from home. I think Youri helped us get a modicum of control in the second half. 

For some teams playing three central defenders stiffens them up but for us its not yet working as it weakens us in other areas. Diego Carlos is still feeling his way back & is not yet the commanding figure we hoped we had signed. It also pushes Konsa,  our best defender, out of his best position.

Emi certainly earned his corn today and was my man of the match, 

Nice to see Ramsey back and the strength in-depth starting to show from the bench. 

Another big week ahead. Onwards and definitely upwards.

UTV!

• Like 1

Â