Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/23 at 23:59

Just now, TRO said:

On another day, it could have been a " Newcastle" before the changes could be made.

We will all wallow in this result.....and so be it.....but to ignore some of the poor play, is sheer denial.

Martinez, was clearly the hero.

The coaches can worry about that, I just love winning

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, maqroll said:

No they won't.

They literally haven’t shown any highlights on Sky, just gone all in on Everton Man U instead. I’ll look forward to a 3 minute feature on MOTD later where they justify the spurs loss with all their injuries. I don’t expect much credit, which is fine. We can cash it all in when we’re in the champions league. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

On another day, it could have been a " Newcastle" before the changes could be made.

We will all wallow in this result.....and so be it.....but to ignore some of the poor play, is sheer denial.

Martinez, was clearly the hero.

Not really. Most of their ‘chances’ first half were offside. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

that was a proper smash and grab.

they were all over us and should have won it, but we dug in, played some decent stuff at times and did a drive by, i wont complain tho.

For thirty minutes of the first half. 

This was not the case in the second half, whatsoever.

• Like 1

Honestly we were so lucky today. Spurs despite all their injuries the better side. I am concerned about our away performances, at home we blow teams away, but away we are really poor. Spurs should have scored a hatful today. Maybe the win today will give us some confidence and we'll decimate Bournemouth next weekend in their 10,000 capacity tinpot stadium. I sure hope so because I was nervous for most of that match today and just relieved it's over. 

Anyway, result is all that matters for now and we are above Spurs into the top 4. UTFV!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

F*** 'em. No one ever gives us respect. The commentary I was listening to at full time spent 5 mins banging on about how spurs are actually very good. The last 10 seconds they signed off with 'oh, and well done to Aston Villa'.

Edit, now they are interviewing Post... and the first question was 'do you feel hard done by after 4 offside goals'. Double f*** em all.

All clearly so. Unlike the Ollie one.

• Like 2

Enjoyable game, thought spurs played quite well, much better than I thought they would with all their injuries and suspensions. Bentancur going down made things much easier for us, a real classy player. 

now we are joint third place alongside liverpool With Bournemouth coming up, I really hope we can beat them whilst improving our GD. Traditionally this is the type of game we will struggle with, we need to motivate ourselves and continue picking up the points, 20 wins this calendar year! 

Long May it continue!

16 minutes ago, allani said:

Funny that our 5 missing players for almost the entirety of this season seemed to pass the commentators by today...

Five?

Mings, Buendia, Moreno and JJ the only ones out all season so far basically. 

18 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Unai got it wrong first half, Konsa's not a right back and Catty Mash is not a midfielder.  Fortunately he put it right second half and we looked much better with Bailey and Tielemans down our right.  Glad Diaby went off too, for me he's been mostly mediocre since September.

They were faster and stronger first half and we were very lucky to be anywhere near level at half time, but I think the intensity of their first half cost them as they looked tired after about 70 minutes and didn't have much in the way of fresh legs on the bench.  We really should have killed them off in the 70th-80th minutes but didn't make the most of some good breaks, and almost let them back into it.

Three offside goals for them - it's a heart stopper but it works.

I'd say a bit lucky to win it, but we hung in there first half and were probably the better side second half.

Absolutely this. Even once or twice in the first half we won the ball back high up the pitch and totally wasted it.

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

In previous seasons betting against us has put my child through Private School, (so yes, it was absolutely worth betting against us), now, I'm glad he's finishing school, this revenue stream is drying up.

Betting on us to lose from any lead for last few years has made me fortunes. We were that reliable to chuck it in. 

It's been expensive under Emery. We haven't dropped a point from a winning position this season. 

While last season we dropped 2 points away to Liverpool and West Ham from winning positions and drew. 

Arsenal is last time we lost from a winning position and it's the last time we didn't win a game at Villa Park

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

After how demoralising our away defeats have been it's really nice that Villa just ground out a good win against a team that's been above us all season, especially after having absorted some significant adversity. This was a game where they could have easily bounced back with a positive reaction after their bad couple of weeks and they looked nailed on to do it for half an hour

Also really good to keep the gap over Newcastle at 5 points after Chelsea collapsed completely against them, December's a tough month

• Like 1

What a result. Spurs didn't finish the game in the first half and you'd back Unai to work them out in the second half. They also dont have the stamina or the squad to keep playing that way throughout. 

I thought us being able to bring on Youri and Leon really makes a difference. Players that on the day actually improved us. Rarely been able to say that before about a villa side. 

• Like 1

Â