Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/23 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Today has shown me that we have one weakness. One. If the oppo play full pace aggressive press our playing out from the back just doesnt work .

We'll be seeing that from City next week. I will be interested to see what Unai does tactically in that one.

Much more even second half, partly from us stepping up our level and partly from them tiring.

Great result and a lot for us to learn from, because we were so far off it during the first half. Teams that play with intensity really trouble us and we have to find a way to combat it.

Thought Spurs gave a very good account of themselves considering the injuries and understandably tired with lack of options on the bench.

McGinn Luiz Kamara so much better second half.

On to a big game against Legia next, win that by a couple of goals and we can rest players for Bosnia because we'll have already won the group based on head to head results. UTV

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Big big win. UTV. 

It is isn't it? Been a long time since we've been in the top four. If we beat Bournemouth we'll be on 31 points after 14 games. Keep that pace up over a season and it's an 80pt+ season. That's incredible.

• Like 2

I hated every second of that first half. Cash just having one of his madman games didn't help and Bentancur didn't deserve to get crocked like that

To be fair, we were always in it, and Spurs maybe didn't have the energy or the personnel to sustain that level of play into the second half, whereas our subs were fairly transformative.

Tielemans and Bailey made things gel a lot better going forward, and even if the compusure on the break still  came and went a bit, it felt like a game we were much more in control of after we went 2-1 up. Kamara also progressed the ball forward really well in tight areas at a few points. With him banned you've got to thing there'll be a starting place for Youri to figure out against Bournemouth

Watkins was there with a good bit of decisiveness and composure when it counted; Martinez sealed the defeat in our last away game and kept us the 3 points in this one. He is so, so good in those heart in mouth moments when someone has a clear sight of goal that looks nailed on.

Spare a thought for a such a dominant performance by Spurs, whose coaching and system is so airtight they can run teams like us ragged and dominate possession even with the horrific injuries they have, and also spare a second completely different thought for Spurs who were simply too tired and wracked with horrific injuries to give this game the grandstand finish of two late Spurs goals that every neutral was surely praying to the football gods for

(Spurs are a good watch and not objectionable, TV people talking about Spurs, not so much)

• Like 3

Thought we were as bad as I’ve ever seen us first half. Got lucky today against spurs B team. They will be a force once they get their players back. 

Hopefully we strengthen in January, need a new RB and a bit of pace. 

Unai got it wrong first half, Konsa's not a right back and Catty Mash is not a midfielder.  Fortunately he put it right second half and we looked much better with Bailey and Tielemans down our right.  Glad Diaby went off too, for me he's been mostly mediocre since September.

They were faster and stronger first half and we were very lucky to be anywhere near level at half time, but I think the intensity of their first half cost them as they looked tired after about 70 minutes and didn't have much in the way of fresh legs on the bench.  We really should have killed them off in the 70th-80th minutes but didn't make the most of some good breaks, and almost let them back into it.

Three offside goals for them - it's a heart stopper but it works.

I'd say a bit lucky to win it, but we hung in there first half and were probably the better side second half.

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

Unai got it wrong first half, Konsa's not a right back and Catty Mash is not a midfielder.  Fortunately he put it right second half and we looked much better with Bailey and Tielemans down our right.  Glad Diaby went off too, for me he's been mostly mediocre since September.

They were faster and stronger first half and we were very lucky to be anywhere near level at half time, but I think the intensity of their first half cost them as they looked tired after about 70 minutes and didn't have much in the way of fresh legs on the bench.  We really should have killed them off in the 70th-80th minutes but didn't make the most of some good breaks, and almost let them back into it.

Three offside goals for them - it's a heart stopper but it works.

I'd say a bit lucky to win it, but we hung in there first half and were probably the better side second half.

just want to check i understand.  Unai got it wrong playing Konsa at RB becuase "Konsa's not a right back" and he put it right the second half when Konsa was still playing RB.  ?  Do I understand you correctly?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Thought we were as bad as I’ve ever seen us first half. Got lucky today against spurs B team. They will be a force once they get their players back. 

Hopefully we strengthen in January, need a new RB and a bit of pace. 

Funny that our 5 missing players for almost the entirety of this season seemed to pass the commentators by today...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â