Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/23 at 23:59

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Voted Cash just to trigger all the Spurs nuggets lurking the forum

They have absolutely lost their marbles. The Ange love has sent them crackers.

They're making it a much more enjoyable win that it should be.

Glamourising what a hard man Romero is and how he's going to injure Cash, while complaining about Cash injuring their player?! Barking.

Also, I'd like to add. If Diego Carlos and Emi Martinez are nearby, I wish Romero all the best with any plans.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2023 at 08:49, Lichfield Dean said:

Watched the Cash challenge on motd. It was nothing really was it. It was no "Ben Mee" it was effectively just a late strong "trip". You see those almost every game. Yellow card was fair. Was just unlucky Bentancur got hurt.

I would still rather we didn't start playing that way though.

I also thought we looked superb on the highlights. I know they don't tell the whole story obviously, but honestly, from just those clips I thought we looked the better team. Funny how highlight packages can tell a different story to the actual game sometimes.

On 27/11/2023 at 09:02, rubberman said:

Yes I agree. I think the fact we won influenced what they showed. There were definitely a few good chances spuds missed early on that weren't shown. Never mind - we're 4th.

Probably all offsides. They'll show offside goals but not offside chances unless there's nothing else to cover. 

The number of offsides is what's fed this theme that we were lucky, whereas its actually good defending.

The highlights is probably a truer reflection and imagine if you took their offside goals away from them as well 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We’re so far ahead of the next team in terms of offside stats it’s unreal.

We are the kings of the offside. it’s poetry how drilled we are. Artistic even.

Being able to work the off side trap effectively is a very good and important tactic. Ok it’s not exciting but it is important and comes through good coaching through out the club at all levels, thanks Unai one of the many things that are overlooked but are very important to our progression. 

• Like 1

On 26/11/2023 at 21:34, Newry_Villan said:

This all day.  Pure frustration from Cash, we equalised immediately only to be marginally offside and ruled out after a lengthy VAR check. 

A tough challenge, player got injured and he got a yellow, big deal, it's a contact sport. 

It wasn't Ben Mee levels, he didn't purposely go in to do him.

Comments in the match thread calling him a disgrace are a disgrace in my eyes.

Which one of he Spurs fans on the match thread said that?

On 26/11/2023 at 21:34, Newry_Villan said:

This all day.  Pure frustration from Cash, we equalised immediately only to be marginally offside and ruled out after a lengthy VAR check. 

A tough challenge, player got injured and he got a yellow, big deal, it's a contact sport. 

It wasn't Ben Mee levels, he didn't purposely go in to do him.

Comments in the match thread calling him a disgrace are a disgrace in my eyes.

I don’t have a problem with people thinking of us as a rough team! We’ve been a soft touch for years and where did that get us?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They have absolutely lost their marbles. The Ange love has sent them crackers.

They're making it a much more enjoyable win that it should be.

Glamourising what a hard man Romero is and how he's going to injure Cash, while complaining about Cash injuring their player?! Barking.

Also, I'd like to add. If Diego Carlos and Emi Martinez are nearby, I wish Romero all the best with any plans.

Or Tyrone!! Even that gentle Scottish lad who’s our captain might not take kindly to anyone attacking his pals!

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Spurs fans have always been fannies, they are known for having a soft underbelly so no surprise they are crying still 

10 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Works for me mate. 😄

To be honest despite all the Spurs and media Representatives for Wellingborough moaning I don’t think thst there was a malicious tackle in the game, plenty of cynical tackles from them though which they seem to all be conveniently ignoring now. 

Â