January Transfers 2024

sne

Nah shite like that is what players, their agents and clubs all try to do to appease their fan base

Phillips is a shite busted flush, their fans probably aren't overly happy but he can't be that bad if juve are also interested... 

This is like when we signed Danny Drinkwater. An out of shape clogger who had a half decent season years before

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is like when we signed Danny Drinkwater. An out of shape clogger who had a half decent season years before

No guarantees of course, but my strong suspicion is that that's a take that is going to look very silly very quickly. I mean he literally only needs to have one half-decent performance to prove that wrong, and I think they'll get more than that out of him. 

• Like 2

for all Philips pro's and con's, if Spam do get him, they will have Phillips, Ward-Prowse, Alvarez, Bowen, Kudus, Paqueta.

they will have a good second half of the season if they can all stay fit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No guarantees of course, but my strong suspicion is that that's a take that is going to look very silly very quickly. I mean he literally only needs to have one half-decent performance to prove that wrong, and I think they'll get more than that out of him. 

Games he has played for City he has looked over weight and out of his depth against usually poor opponents

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It’s going to be interesting, he’s had essentially a year-plus long hiatus, he may not come back the same player again particularly after living on easy street at City 

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s going to be interesting, he’s had essentially a year-plus long hiatus, he may not come back the same player again particularly after living on easy street at City 

I'm always very wary of signing players who've been in semi retirement for a long while.

If we'd signed Sidwell straight from Reading he'd have likely done o.k. Instead he spent a year warming the bench at Chelsea and wasn't great playing in a very good midfield.

Drinkwater as said was laughably off the pace in the games he did play and Barkley started alright but soon tailed off.

Dele at Everton also a complete waste of time albeit with off field things to sort out.

Thing here is I just don't see a place for him in West Ham's best 11 unless they're just going to play two attackers now and a sort of diamond midfield.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Peak Moyes 

It's an expensive rental, but he's got a very good squad and KP will help him keep his squad more fresh. 

If the player underperforms and/or results aren't good, he will be sacked, I'm sure. Last Chance Saloon for Moyesy. 

28 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's an expensive rental, but he's got a very good squad and KP will help him keep his squad more fresh. 

If the player underperforms and/or results aren't good, he will be sacked, I'm sure. Last Chance Saloon for Moyesy. 

Last chance saloon? They are top 6 in the Prem, Europa knockouts and just won a European trophy. 

They are better now than at anytime in my 35 years of going to watch football. 

As for Phillips, could go either way but I suspect a decent signing as its only a loan.

Edit: @Zatman beat me to it.

Edited by GlobalVillan

40 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

918 minutes of club football in the last 18 months. 

51 minutes a month.  

You left out treble winner. I bet he wears his CL medal into training first day at West ham. 

Be interesting to see how he does, if he gets thrown in and plays alot of minutes, and if he gets injured. Can be a problem with players not playing much and then all of a sudden you're playing 90+ minutes every week. Not saying it always happens but he' barely played at Citeh and I'm pretty sure he's had injuries too while he's been there?

• Like 1