January Transfers 2024

sne

13 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Why are Newcastle after Solanke when they have Isak and Wilson and only play 1 up front?

Howe bought him at Bournemouth right? And tbf Isak and Wilson are injured quite a lot.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Why are Newcastle after Solanke when they have Isak and Wilson and only play 1 up front?

I think they have gone off Wilson after his attitude in the Spurs game. You cant really have a centre forward who gets his feelings hurt from the oppositions words and by sounds of it very tame from Vicario

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Howe bought him at Bournemouth right? And tbf Isak and Wilson are injured quite a lot.

True but 3 good strikers for 1 position seems excessive, unless Wilson is leaving maybe

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think they have gone off Wilson after his attitude in the Spurs game. You cant really have a centre forward who gets his feelings hurt from the oppositions words and by sounds of it very tame from Vicario

Is that's what's happened? IIRC he was rightly annoyed with a dangerous tackle in that match

The biggest surprise is that his agent used Newcastle in his bullshit story, should have used utd as its more believable 

There's way too many holes in hat Newcastle squad for them to be focusing on a new striker, it's their strongest position 

So yeah actually hopefully true, they'll end the season with solanke wilson and isak upfront then miley and longstaff in midfield... 

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Mate who is Arsenal reckons they are getting Frimpong.

That's least of there positional needs. Frimpong basically plays Saka role. He's not a defensive RB. Arsenal need a goal scorer

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's least of there positional needs. Frimpong basically plays Saka role. He's not a defensive RB. Arsenal need a goal scorer

They also need a Partey replacement/understudy when he's not fit. Their midfield balance is not right this season and they miss his ability to play through balls. Rice wins the ball well and carries it decently but he's got a limited passing range compared to Partey. Jorginho isn't much better. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think the fans still like him a lot - he's pretty much a 1 in 2 striker when fit. But he's made of glass. And Isak is unreliable too. And both are getting more injuries than normal due to Newcastle's playing style. So they need someone like Solanke, but not sure that FFP will allow them to spend in Jan. 

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Mate who is Arsenal reckons they are getting Frimpong.

Can't see Leverkusen letting him go in January when they're top of the league. Will go somewhere in the summer though when his release clause kicks in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I think the fans still like him a lot - he's pretty much a 1 in 2 striker when fit. But he's made of glass. And Isak is unreliable too. And both are getting more injuries than normal due to Newcastle's playing style. So they need someone like Solanke, but not sure that FFP will allow them to spend in Jan. 

I think Wilson is a good player when fit.

However attitude wise he seems to be living in a Sunday morning football world of aggression and banter.

If you are going to talk the talk I guess you have to walk the walk….

For more than half a season at a time anyway.

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

If Arsenal don't sign a quality striker we will finish above them!

Their options are fine. 

They had the funds and spent £60m on Kai Havertz.

Honestly, every time I think about it I laugh...they sacked Unai Emery to appoint Mikel Arteta :crylaugh:

Edited by Tomaszk