January Transfers 2024

sne

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Just not very good, Mourinho liked his aggression but a limited enough footballer. 

That's probably where I noticed him, he seemed to be breaking through as they did all or nothing but since watching that I don't watch spurs so didn't have a clue what happened to him 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's probably where I noticed him, he seemed to be breaking through as they did all or nothing but since watching that I don't watch spurs so didn't have a clue what happened to him 

He is 24 now with only 27 career league appearances to his name, for comparison KKH has 78 appearances at 21 and might be all the better for the lower league experience.

• Shocked 1

I saw a headline saying Newcastle might have to sell a star player to balance the books. 

With penalties being dished out to Everton, Forest and City (to follow) I wonder if other clubs sailing a bit close to the wind sell off some assets to be safe.

Just now, Genie said:

I saw a headline saying Newcastle might have to sell a star player to balance the books. 

With penalties being dished out to Everton, Forest and City (to follow) I wonder if other clubs sailing a bit close to the wind sell off some assets to be safe.

Or with city everton and forest all about to get a wrist slap and the transfer market doing sweet FA it's a done for the day headline that writes itself 

Seen stuff about us, arsenal and Chelsea all being at max FFP spending too, no doubt if I read in to more teams it's a recurring theme 

22 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Just not very good, Mourinho liked his aggression but a limited enough footballer. 

Was a game against Palace that Zaha absolutely ruined him. Dont think he ever made it back

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or with city everton and forest all about to get a wrist slap and the transfer market doing sweet FA it's a done for the day headline that writes itself 

It’s for this reason I don’t subscribe to the theory City will get a wrist slap. Itll bring the whole house of cards down.

10 points for Everton and Forest for one off rule breaks is pretty severe. What happens with City is anyone’s guess.

If the transfer market this January turns out to be unusually quiet then it might mean the points deductions which have been issued have done the job of deterring others from bending the rules.

5 hours ago, Kingman said:

Not on the circa £25m he has just earned in the Middle East, it would remain Tax free in the UK as long as he stays out the country for 12 months 

But it will just be taxed in the Netherlands instead?

5 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He is 24 now with only 27 career league appearances to his name, for comparison KKH has 78 appearances at 21 and might be all the better for the lower league experience.

Sessegnon is another who's been at Spurs for years without ever playing much. Feels an age ago he was very highly rated at Fulham.

23 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Extraordinarily soft interview by Sky Sports with Ivan Toney. He committed 300 betting offences and is fishing for a transfer away from Brentford. Yet, the interviewer only asks obsequious questions.

Toney already talking about moving and playing for a big club. Compete lack of respect for Brentford, who have stuck by him and paid his wages for months. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Extraordinarily soft interview by Sky Sports with Ivan Toney. He committed 300 betting offences and is fishing for a transfer away from Brentford. Yet, the interviewer only asks obsequious questions.

He’s played the victim of an illness card, they are scared to go in on him.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gift Orban has signed for Lyon, looks to have hit second season syndrome

They've bought fofana from there too and 2 Brazilians from botafogo

Didn't realise they were sat in 16th in the league! 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They've bought fofana from there too and 2 Brazilians from botafogo

Didn't realise they were sat in 16th in the league! 

They are useless and the owner seems to be a mix of Mike Ashley and Todd Boehly. He sort of owns Palace too but they are badly run

Fans probably wishing they had a player like Traore back 😉😂

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The FFP has scared teams and rightfully so

Makes me ask why is it suddenly biting now?

The PL rules have been pretty stable for ages, tv income is higher than its ever been, champions league format is expanding giving teams greater likelihood of qualifying.  

Are the top clubs close to breaching the 90% salary cap coming in for uefa comps? And is their lack of buying from less well off clubs filtering down?

On 18/01/2024 at 20:43, Xela said:

Toney already talking about moving and playing for a big club. Compete lack of respect for Brentford, who have stuck by him and paid his wages for months. 

He doesn't seem to realise nobody can afford him this month, needs to keep his head down and knock in 10 goals in the second half of the season.