January Transfers 2024

sne

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Trippier going to Bayern Munich.

Not sure what's happened to the Moroccan fella who they suspended over Palestine tweets (he'll be at the AFCON now anyway) but most times I've seen them this season they seem to have midfielder laimer playing RB

Same as Dier it seems like they're packing out a small squad rather than putting square pegs in round holes 

Edit - googled it though and saw a piece in the guardian talking up a swap deal because Howe is a fan of kimmich 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Trippier going to Bayern Munich.

TBF I can see the sense in this one. Trippier is an experienced pro who you want in the team because of what he can do with the ball at his feet. He’d looked decent at Newcastle until the last couple of months when maybe Eddies 1000mph football was starting to catch up with him but as a player in a Bayern team who dominate possession in every game they play?  He could tear opposition apart. 

32 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

TBF I can see the sense in this one. Trippier is an experienced pro who you want in the team because of what he can do with the ball at his feet. He’d looked decent at Newcastle until the last couple of months when maybe Eddies 1000mph football was starting to catch up with him but as a player in a Bayern team who dominate possession in every game they play?  He could tear opposition apart. 

I think the surprise from everyone is that he could leave Newcastle. One of their most important players, despite the drop in form.

9 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think the surprise from everyone is that he could leave Newcastle. One of their most important players, despite the drop in form.

Newcastle are going to be really struggling you suspect based on all these panic reports in the press last two weeks to meet FFP.

They got Trippier two years ago when he was a regular at Atletico Madrid so given his general status and the paucity of their squad he must be one of their highest earners I'd day.

Pretty much fits what their finance guy is saying in the press, get 2-3 decent years out of the player and then trade them on and restart with younger model, I assume the plan anyway was for Livramento to be the regular RB so will probably just do it six months earlier.

This is probably a lesson to us in a way. Loads of teams can have a good run and make CL one season, it's then backing it up year after year which is the problem especially if your wage bill significantly increases.

Newcastle won't get close to CL at all this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle are going to be really struggling you suspect based on all these panic reports in the press last two weeks to meet FFP.

They got Trippier two years ago when he was a regular at Atletico Madrid so given his general status and the paucity of their squad he must be one of their highest earners I'd day.

Pretty much fits what their finance guy is saying in the press, get 2-3 decent years out of the player and then trade them on and restart with younger model, I assume the plan anyway was for Livramento to be the regular RB so will probably just do it six months earlier.

This is probably a lesson to us in a way. Loads of teams can have a good run and make CL one season, it's then backing it up year after year which is the problem especially if your wage bill significantly increases.

Newcastle won't get close to CL at all this season.

Is Livramento not a left back?

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Barco to Brighton is done

Exciting one for them, probably one of the more known south American prospects theyve signed 

He could be a great £60m signing for Chelsea in a couple of years 

Is a higher chance will flop. He isn't even a regular for Boca and is nowhere near Premier League level yet. Apparently also an attitude problem with his backroom team

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Barco to Brighton is done

Exciting one for them, probably one of the more known south American prospects theyve signed 

He could be a great £60m signing for Chelsea in a couple of years 

This is why Brighton are so astute. Get in Barco as backup so he has time to learn and adapt to England while Estupinan is putting in 8/10 performances weekly. Then in a year/18 months they'll sell Estupinan for about 70m and Barco should be ready to play every week and then the whole process repeats.

Other clubs would sell Estupinan in a panic near the end of a window and then be scrambling around for a replacement who might not be suitable.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

This is why Brighton are so astute. Get in Barco as backup so he has time to learn and adapt to England while Estupinan is putting in 8/10 performances weekly. Then in a year/18 months they'll sell Estupinan for about 70m and Barco should be ready to play every week and then the whole process repeats.

Other clubs would sell Estupinan in a panic near the end of a window and then be scrambling around for a replacement who might not be suitable.

We’re trying to do the same with Rogers and there’s a meltdown 😂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, DJBOB said:

West Ham potentially in for Kalvin Phillips.

Danny Ings in the midfield all over again.

Yes seems that's all but done.

Is he even going to play there? Ward Prowse and Soucek established as the pivot infront of back 4 and Paqueta will be back next month as the attacking midfielder. Guessing Edson Alvarez is out for a few months but if he isn't he's adapted well to the prem.

I'd certainly be starting all four of those over a Kalvin Phillips who's barely kicked a ball in 18 months for club teams.

Mind you West Ham did similar with Lingard and he was great for them so that's probably Moyes thinking.