Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Match Polls  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/23 at 23:59

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Just checking, have you missed his three goals, three assists and two occasions when he has pressed a defender into scoring an own goal?

I suppose his stats are reasonable, but not outstanding, although those goals and assists were mostly August and September where he was showing a bit of promise.  I think he's been pretty mediocre since then, and not contributed much in October and November.  I just expected better for the money we paid.  As for today's "own goal pressure" didn't he just miss the ball?  

Probably  made it  harder than we had to - but that's a good win largely in second gear. 13 straight at home. Wow.

3 things I learned:

• John McGinn is a machine
  • Lee Hendrie is enjoyable to listen to
  • Unai Emery has no limits
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Even if the press aren't paying us much attention still, at least some other clubs' fans are. ZeeZeeTopFulham on the Guardian post match thread gets it:

https://profile.theguardian.com/user/id/14615060?page=1#:~:text=Unai Emery’s Aston,should we expect%3F

Whomever that person is should write a novel

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know that Ollie's goal came directly from us breaking from a Fulham corner, but I hadn't realised at the time that it was Ollie himself that headed that corner away at the near post before sprinting the full length of the field to tap it home at the other end. 

Bravo Oliver.

And that was only his second best headed clearance of the match as well

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TRO said:

How have them 1's against, crept in?

To be fair two of them were freak goals (Bowen's was either going wide/a straight forward save & then Luton's was a bizarre OG). Also doesn't really matter when you're scoring at least 3 in the last 6 home games.

• Like 1

Mcginn motm for me, some good performances from the team.

Cash far better, teilemens was good, kamara was himself, torres was great bar 2nd half 3 passes to opponents, konsa was good, in fact diaby was probably the least effective for once. Not sure if he's exhausted or carrying an injury but he seems to be having a bit of trouble controlling and carrying the ball at the moment.

Watkins again, you don't see him for several minutes then boom a goal or shot comes in he's been involved in.

Good stuff

I have only seen the reply of their goal from a very angled perspective, but it did look like the goal scorer was offside when the original pass was played… unless the next pass counts as a new phase? Honestly I don’t know what is offside any more. Did anyone see a better angle of it? 

33 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Usually I’d agree but I’ve just watched this week’s and we got about 11 minutes worth. Plenty of praise for our style and approach, makes a nice change!

Fair play then :D 

I just assumed it was the same old!

Â