Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Match Polls  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/23 at 23:59

Just now, Adam2003 said:

I value your opinion but on balance I probably trust the guy with 16 years of experience juggling league vs Europe to know what intensity to go for once we have three goals in a game.

To be fair, Emery didn't look happy on the touch line with the lack of intensity in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

As usual with our high line recently, the amount of dangerous looking attacks Fulham had that were obviously offside changed the perception a bit and ramped up the tension artificially, and they also had a lot of yellows for shutting down Villa counterattacks that could have been dangerous.

I understand why they wait to put the flag up on a close offside, but at least three times today, Fulham had a player very obviously (2+ yards) offside and we still had to play on. It has gotten ridiculous. The stress it creates on the defenders can't help. It was refreshing to see the linesmen flag the obvious ones immediately against AZ on Thursday, so I think this may be a PL problem.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, smg said:

Villa Park is regularly quiet. The crowd is reactive not proactive, does little to get the team going during a game only responds briefly when we score. Not good for the players particularly in tight games. Twelfth man my a**e.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but out of interest where do you sit? I suspect it makes at least a bit of difference. 

Â