Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Match Polls  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/23 at 23:59

1 hour ago, smg said:

Villa Park is regularly quiet. The crowd is reactive not proactive, does little to get the team going during a game only responds briefly when we score. Not good for the players particularly in tight games. Twelfth man my a**e.

The first half wasn't too bad today, probably thanks to the appalling ref and VAR. 2nd half was back to shite again. I just don't get it

McGinn was bang on it today, barely put a foot wrong.  The Irn Bru works for him.  Nice grundies too. 

Tielemans, Cash and Digne were all also very good.  Thought Doug and Kamara were a little quiet today by their standards.  

I'm probably in a minority but just not impressed with Diaby.  Poor final balls, especially crosses, and seem peripheral for a lot of the games.  Maybe I'm missing something.

For personal reasons I **** hate Fulham and wish we'd gone on and smashed them. 

You can stick your sushi bar up your arse Fulham. Hope you're relegated and bust by next season. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

Bbc football "in form Villa beat Fulham"

How are we in form in anyway? We lost our previous game. Or do they mean its odd that we are doing so well.

Their match of the day site then puts, "Villa unbeaten at home this season"

Way to downplay the home form. It was so good that we were unbeaten against Fulham today. 

Of the fit players, I think we started our strongest eleven.
Villa were the strongest team, even in second half
Only used one substitute... interesting
Diaby seemed to be 'off', but also was not getting a lot of service.

Martínez, Good
Cash, Really good
Konsa, Really good
Torres, Good
Digne, Really good
Kamara, Really good
Luiz, Really good
McGinn, Excellent
Tielemans, Excellent
Diaby, Average
Watkins, Good
Bailey 61', Really good

48 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’m surprised Moreno isn’t getting some minutes in these matches. If he’s not fit enough to play he should be on the bench. 

Moreno has to wait for his chance. Digne is the man right now. Maybe Unai doesn't want to unsettle that in any way now?

53 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

McGinn was bang on it today, barely put a foot wrong.  The Irn Bru works for him.  Nice grundies too. 

Tielemans, Cash and Digne were all also very good.  Thought Doug and Kamara were a little quiet today by their standards.  

I'm probably in a minority but just not impressed with Diaby.  Poor final balls, especially crosses, and seem peripheral for a lot of the games.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Just checking, have you missed his three goals, three assists and two occasions when he has pressed a defender into scoring an own goal?

• Like 2

Another solid performance and an important 3 points.

I liked the midfield 4 of SJM, Dougie, Kamara & Tielemans. All good today, SJM just shading Youri for MoM. This lineup  could be an effective formation with some tough games coming up after the international break.

I was hoping once we went 3 up we would then be able to bring some  subs on and maybe give Moreno a runout. As things materialised, it was much closer at the end than the scoreline suggested.

I though Bassey did a good job on Ollie today but still not sure how he put that header wide. Almost Rosentahl'ish 😀

Onwards & Upwards. UTV

Routine home win really.   They had a good spell either side of our goal in the second half when Iwobi was getting the better of McGinn and they seemed to be overloading down our left but another routine home win where the game was over after an hour.  We keep doing this at Villa Park and I don't know if I'm reading too much into things elsewhere in the league but one of the reasons we don't seem to be getting the sort of injuries that, say, Newcastle are suffering right now is because we don't have to play high intensity football every week just to stay on top.     

Felt the referee was a bit too fussy.  I'll give him the penalty, I was in the Holte and was convinced it was a handball but as soon as he got called over by the VAR team it was obvious that it wasn't going to be awarded.   I felt Tielemans had a good game, he's played his way into the team now after the performances here and against AZ, he's got the ability to hurt opposition defences and open up new angles of attack.   Someone earlier questioned why Moreno wasn't getting on the pitch, a lot of that is because we've got the luxury of not needing to rush him back so he can stay fresh until we really do need him. Digne was OK today, he still gets caught napping too often for my liking and I wish he'd play the ball in first time more often as the extra touch he needs to take to set himself does cost us a lot of openings.   

Â