Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Match Polls  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/23 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Great win, I guess, but we need to keep grounded, game shouted of arrogance on our side. We probably could have won that 4 or 5, give the fans something to cheer about, instead, we just strolled about.

Right got that off my chest, UTV!

Give the fans something to shout about ? Ffs we are unbeaten at home since god knows when we are 3-1 up, winning in Europe and still the fans need more to cheer about. There are too many ‘fans’ that don’t deserve this team.

By the way arrogance or confidence? Let’s go for arrogance that gives us a chance to moan.

Oh and UTV !

• Like 1

McGinn unplayable, Tielemans masterful and Bailey had a huge impact.

Would've loved to see Moreno for the last 10. 

I thought the ref got most of the fouls right but if he'd produced a few yellows in the first half there would probably have been only 9 Fulham players on the pitch at the end.

• Like 1

Yet again my only grumble is conceding a consolation, yet still annoying goal - which is a fantastic position to be in.

Next two home games are City and Arsenal (in the league), you’d have to think this sequence will end in amongst that but my McGrath, I’d love to see us extend it just one more.

Efficient performance overall, much better in the first half but this seems to be a theme for us and perhaps intentional and Emery’s instructions to manage fitness and availability, or maybe it’s just the opposition stepping it up.

All three goals well put together, Watkins will be kicking himself for missing that open goal. Onwards and upwards and can’t wait for Spurs in two weeks time.

Super John ‘whatever your middle name is’ Mcginn!! Go and pour yourself a glass of champagne 🍾 big man !! An absolutely ridiculously good world class performance every move and everything he did was out of this world… MOTM by a long mile.

Never thought I’d see the day i’d be asking to take off Diaby for Bailey, he was very poor today, Bailey came on and made an instant impact and looked extremely sharp. Thought we gave away the ball too easily at times in the second half but overall well controlled and tactically brilliant performance.

Tielemans needs to be more composed a little but more nevertheless a good performance from him. 

Thank you boys i can go and enjoy the rest of my day now 😁

P.S Our next home fixture wont be a walk in the park

UTV! 

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Cash also had an excellent first half, but he is consistently the man that plays the attackers on for the goals we concede.

I have to wonder if he has concentration issues. His problem used to be losing his mark at the back post, now occasional lapses on the offside trap.

That said, he played really well otherwise. That tackle at the end of the first half should silence anyone who says that he can't defend one-on-one.

• Like 2

Just now, smg said:

Give the fans something to shout about ? Ffs we are unbeaten at home since god knows when we are 3-1 up, winning in Europe and still the fans need more to cheer about. There are too many ‘fans’ that don’t deserve this team.

By the way arrogance or confidence? Let’s go for arrogance that gives us a chance to moan.

Oh and UTV !

Im not moaning, just very quiet in the ground today, possibly for the reason stated. We certainly don't wanna become like the Man City fans.

McGinn obviously Irn Bru'd to his eyeballs, how else do you explain a display like that? I bet every time Alex Ferguson sees a performance like the one we have just witnessed, he must think, "why, oh why, didn't they listen to me"!

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

Â