Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Match Polls  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/23 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Would've loved to see Moreno for the last 10. 

If we had stayed up 3-0, Unai probably would have put him in, but I can see why he hesitated given that Fulham had the upper hand towards the end. Not the best situation for your first match back.

Great first half, pretty poor second half and may have been punished against better opposition. 

Mcginn MOTM, thought Tielemans was also very good and Bailey was bright when he came on. 

No suspensions for Kamara and Luiz which was vital going into Spurs after the international break.

Job well done 

Would be nice to watch a home game with a 2 or 3 goal lead and not still feel nervous that we are going to **** it up … guess thats what being a Villa fan all these years has done to me

players looked tired second half and I think we should have given the midfield some more legs but that said for all their possession Fulham don’t look like pulling that back

Few weeks off now to let my finger nails grow back 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not our most free flowing performance but we created enough chances and did enough first half to make it comfortable. We looked very tired second half, understandably, but dug in for the result. I'm very surprised Emery only made 1 sub with such tired legs and Luiz Kamara Digne all 1 yellow away from suspension.

Instant impact from Bailey again. McGinn excellent. Tielemans very good especially first half. Konsa the usual. Cash had a tough day with passes looped over his head to Robinson but stood up to it well overall.

2 points off 2nd place (or top if Chelsea somehow beat City) heading into the international break. The tantalising opportunity to overtake "title challengers" Spurs if we beat them. Fantastic start to the season, especially after the horrible first week with a 5-1 loss and 2 big ACL injuries, with Moreno and Ramsey also still to start a game.

• Like 1

First half was really impressive, second half was good enough. We looked so organized. McGinn was stupendous in the first half and easily MOTM for me. The way he got the better of Pahlinha was super.

Great that we avoided cards on Luiz and Kamara. That miss by Watkins will be played in terrible misses compilations for eternity but who cares since he scored yet again.

1 minute ago, TomC said:

I have to wonder if he has concentration issues. His problem used to be losing his mark at the back post, now occasional lapses on the offside trap.

That said, he played really well otherwise. That tackle at the end of the first half should silence anyone who says that he can't defend one-on-one.

I love Matty, his energy and commitment in all aspects of the game are enough to get him in our team as a first team regular most weeks, but he probably isn't the brightest lad, not unlike lots of footballers, to be fair! You could well be right re: concentration - that said, he was mostly excellent today, so it was a stern test that he basically won, the goal aside. Small margins, I guess. Up the Matty!

Routine win. 

2nd half I thought we looked a bit tired and took our foot off the gas but if they'd scabbed a 2nd, I think we could have easily gone on and got 4 or 5 if needed. 

Glad we have the break now, tough run after the Internationals but don't bet against us. 

UTV 💜🩵

8 minutes ago, TomC said:

I have to wonder if he has concentration issues. His problem used to be losing his mark at the back post, now occasional lapses on the offside trap.

That said, he played really well otherwise. That tackle at the end of the first half should silence anyone who says that he can't defend one-on-one.

One tackle should silence people? Great tackle but come on...his one-on-one defending can be very good or he can sometimes struggle.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

One tackle should silence people? Great tackle but come on...his one-on-one defending can be very good or he can sometimes struggle.

You and I will always disagree about Cash.

I'm not blind to his weaknesses (concentration, final ball), but I just don't think one-on-one defending is one of them.

• Like 2

Just now, TomC said:

You and I will always disagree about Cash.

I'm not blind to his weaknesses (concentration, final ball), but I just don't think one-on-one defending is one of them.

I don't think that's his biggest weakness either FWIW. But I'm saying no matter your opinion on him, one single tackle can't change it that much.

• Like 1

First half was just superb, complete control. Couple dodgy moments in the second half but wouldn't say I was ever worried. 

We are blessed to be watching this, can't believe sometimes that this is Aston Villa. Another brilliant Sunday. 

• Like 1

Â