ender4

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Both will miss Forest if booked tomorrow.

Don't really want either missing Spurs away, who even would we play at LB if Digne wasn't around?

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The 2 options as I see it are play McGinn (bad option) or play Torres there with Carlos and Konsa central (my preferred)

Didn’t we play Lenglet there recently? Mostar maybe? And he did quite well. I don’t think I’ve made this up but I’m not certain. 

12 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

If we get an early goal I think this could be 4/5-0

Maybe but if we don’t get that early goal and they defend like Trojans, I can see it being quite hard work and the crowd getting quite grumpy as we’ve been spoiled recently and we’re in that dangerous territory where we just expect to brush teams aside.

• Like 2

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there's a somewhat deflated look to our performance after such a high from Thursday night's performance. 

I'm sure Unai will be drumming into the players to not, for one minute, underestimate this Luton team, they are no pushovers. We need to be fully focused from the off, because if there's one thing this team has in abundance, it's fight. 

Hopefully, we can maintain some momentum, I really hope so. Come on me Babbys!

Edited by sheepyvillian

3 minutes ago, Pelle said:

I have a bad feeling about this game. But it wouldn't surprise me if we beat them with 5 or 6 either. In the end the most Villany would be to lose today. Or a draw. 

Based on absolutely nothing. As @VillaChris has said, the last time we lost a game we shouldn't have done at home in the league was against Leicester back in February. And that Leicester team, despite going down, was far better than this Luton team on paper, they had Barnes and Maddison playing that day. 

Of course upsets can happen but I'm just stunned how many negative posts there are given how on fire we are and how good we are at the moment. We've probably been given the best fixture this weekend after Arsenal who have just put 5 past their opposition. If we take this game seriously which I'm sure we will, then we will win this game. The only question is if it will be a comfortable win or whether we will have to be patient and wear them down, but Luton just shouldn't be good enough stopping us winning a 12th home game in a row. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Of course upsets can happen but I'm just stunned how many negative posts there are given how on fire we are

I am always negative before a game, and always will be. 

The feeling of optimism dashed is far worse than the feeling of pessimism confirmed. 

And the feeling of pessimism dashed is best of all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Based on absolutely nothing. As @VillaChris has said, the last time we lost a game we shouldn't have done at home in the league was against Leicester back in February. And that Leicester team, despite going down, was far better than this Luton team on paper, they had Barnes and Maddison playing that day. 

Of course upsets can happen but I'm just stunned how many negative posts there are given how on fire we are and how good we are at the moment. We've probably been given the best fixture this weekend after Arsenal who have just put 5 past their opposition. If we take this game seriously which I'm sure we will, then we will win this game. The only question is if it will be a comfortable win or whether we will have to be patient and wear them down, but Luton just shouldn't be good enough stopping us winning a 12th home game in a row. 

Of course you're right, but I've seen us f**k up too many times before to really believe in what I see these days. :) It will take some time before I get used to this. If ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I am always negative before a game, and always will be. 

The feeling of optimism dashed is far worse than the feeling of pessimism confirmed. 

And the feeling of pessimism dashed is best of all. 

Constant pessimism confirmed is being Marvin the paranoid android surely? Sounds awful to me... ;)